Breakfast On Disembarkation Day

Robbie Bott

It is served on embarkation day. For example this morning when I left Explorer the Windjammer was open from 6-830 and the Main Dining Room was open 6-8.  The list of luggage tags had the latest numbers being called at 9:15. They asked that you vacated your rooms by 8am and wait in your assigned departure lounge til your luggage tag is called.

6 hours ago, TeRriii said:

If you want take thing slowly on disembarkation day, you may consider buy "The Key". 

Or just pick the last time...we got off at 930 and it was so smooth, no waiting...bags ready for pick up as soon as we got off. Time to grab breakfast first.

11 hours ago, TeRriii said:

If you want take thing slowly on disembarkation day, you may consider buy "The Key". 

If you want to take things slowly, you just....wait to get off until you want to.  Most people are in a hurry and everything about the disembarkation instructions is geared towards those that need to make flights and other travel plans.  You do have to be out of your room at some point, but anyone can take their time getting off the ship.  Within reason of course, they have to get all guests off before they can start embarking the next cruise.

25 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

I am going to guess that the Windjammer is packed on disembarkation day.  Does the MDR get crowded too?  If we wanted to get room service that morning is it possible?  Just get the continental breakfast or something easy sent up?  I think room service would not be possible, but just checking.

No room service on disembarkation day. WJ is a mess and the MDR is hit or miss. The Key gets you a leisurely breakfast in the MTD space.

20 hours ago, DublinFC said:

I am going to guess that the Windjammer is packed on disembarkation day.  Does the MDR get crowded too?  If we wanted to get room service that morning is it possible?  Just get the continental breakfast or something easy sent up?  I think room service would not be possible, but just checking.

I was able to eat at WJ about 6:30 when we disembarked at Galveston in December.  We wanted to walk off at 7:30. I had no problem getting food before we departed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 9:59 AM, Atlantix2000 said:

If you want to take things slowly, you just....wait to get off until you want to.  Most people are in a hurry and everything about the disembarkation instructions is geared towards those that need to make flights and other travel plans.  You do have to be out of your room at some point, but anyone can take their time getting off the ship.  Within reason of course, they have to get all guests off before they can start embarking the next cruise.

This is the correct answer.  Yes, they tell you to report at a certain time to a waiting area.   I've found that's a terrible idea .. you'll sit there for quite a while until they let your group go.

Instead .. wait in your cabin, or wherever you wish.  Report to your waiting area when YOU want.  If it's past your "official" time .. they'll just tell you goodbye and direct you to the exit.

14 hours ago, SuperPlanner said:

Are the end times for the WJ and MDR the last time you can sit down or the time you need to be done by? Can we sit down just before it closes and still have a leisurely breakfast and get off as late as possible?

It depends on your respect level. I don't think people should stay more than 30min past the official closing time. They will let you in at 8am if that is the closing time. But remember they need to get the ship ready for the next group, so if you get there at 7:55 and want to eat leisurely and stay until close to 9am. That will cut into the crew's time. They have less time to clean up and reset everything. Also what if that also eats into their break?