Shows

I thought all shows had to be booked after arriving on the ship. Looks like this information is incorrect. My cruise on Oasis, 5 February, the shows are sold out. I was under the impression that all customers would have the opportunity to see the three main shows, but alas no. Travelling from the UK for 70th birthday, hugely disappointed.

Very sorry to hear that the shows have sold out.  Very recently, they again began allowing certain shows to be reserved prior to boarding.  To be fair, this information was never directly provided from Royal (to my knowledge) and, as a matter of fact, the exact opposite was officially reported (that pre-boarding reservations would not resume) so it was many guests were never made aware of the fact that pre-boarding reservations has resumed.

Hopefully some seating will open up on your sailing and you will be able to see the shows you want to see. IMO, Royal handled this very poorly.

15 hours ago, Eric mackay said:

I thought all shows had to be booked after arriving on the ship. Looks like this information is incorrect. My cruise on Oasis, 5 February, the shows are sold out. I was under the impression that all customers would have the opportunity to see the three main shows, but alas no. Travelling from the UK for 70th birthday, hugely disappointed.

They started allowing pre-cruise reservations in the past 2 months or so. But, like mentioned above, they never really announced it. From what I understand, there are always stand by lines, and they always seem to have seats available for the shows. I think you'll be fine, but it is nice to have the peace of mind that you have a reservation already. 

14 minutes ago, She Sails Away said:

Well that's interesting. So it only applies to the oasis class ships, right? I'm sailing on Enchantment in a few days and I have checked my app several times to see the shows listed and it very clearly says that you can only reserve a spot at the show after you board the ship.

Yes Oasis and quantum class.

2 hours ago, She Sails Away said:

Well that's interesting. I'm sailing on Enchantment in a few days and I have checked my app several times to see the shows listed and it very clearly says that you can only reserve a spot at the show after you board the ship.

interesting how it only applies to those ships.

You don't have Broadway Shows or ice-skating.  I actually like the production shows and guest entertainers on your class of ship better.  Have a great cruise!

4 hours ago, RVA_Cruiser said:

Sailing on Harmony on March 4, so that means we're at 41 days.  I'm on the website (not the app), and going to the Entertainment section.  Still getting the "Check back later" message.  Am I in the wrong place??  Anyone else able to book shows on Harmony for upcoming cruises?

Nope.  You’re in the right place.  Just keep checking.  Entertainment rezzies just opened up for a Feb SY cruise for me when the entertainment  rezzies for a much more distant cruise on OA had already been available. There is just no way to know when they will open up.

On 1/21/2023 at 7:28 PM, Eric mackay said:

We just got off Oasis. The only reservable shows are Cats, the comedy show in Blaze and the ice skating show. All other shows are first come and we never had an issue arriving 20 or so minutes early for those shows. The comedians also performed in the royal theatre which was one of the first come shows. We thoroughly enjoyed all the shows and the ice show there was plenty of room for non reserved attendees. We had reserved the late show for the ice show but ended up available for the early show and walked in with plenty of spaces. I feel confident you will get to see the shows you want to see.

15 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

We just got off Oasis. The only reservable shows are Cats, the comedy show in Blaze and the ice skating show. All other shows are first come and we never had an issue arriving 20 or so minutes early for those shows. The comedians also performed in the royal theatre which was one of the first come shows. We thoroughly enjoyed all the shows and the ice show there was plenty of room for non reserved attendees. We had reserved the late show for the ice show but ended up available for the early show and walked in with plenty of spaces. I feel confident you will get to see the shows you want to see.

The aqua show is also available for reservations 

Don't let the sold out deter you. Because it doesn't cost anything to reserve, people will reserve everything and then only actually show up to a few events. They will let people in with reservations first and then open it up to standbys. Happened to us on Allure, we had reservations for the 9pm Aqua show and decided instead after dinner to try to get into the 7. We had to wait until they opened it up but we got in and got good seats with 7 people together. 

On 1/22/2023 at 11:07 AM, mike2608 said:

I was lucky enough to reserve my shows, but only because I checked my RC app daily otherwise I would have missed out. (Symphony OTS Feb 25th)

Yep...that's the same with me on that sailing also.  Got all shows booked.  Hoping that we're able to get our 2nd and 3rd specialty dining nights on the night we want once we board.

On 1/21/2023 at 7:28 PM, Eric mackay said:

I pre booked for my Symphony cruise (currently onboard).  When I gained access to my stateroom there was a letter informing me one of my shows was moved.  Oddly it overlapped with another show I had booked-I didn’t think the app would allow that booking to happen ! I went to the “ box office” on the same day (embarkation) and was able to move things around.  So there were openings!  Maybe they hold some back? So definitely look for the box office table when you board. 

also, I believe all shows have a standby line.  I recommend being in it about 30 minutes prior to start time, at about 5-10 minutes before the start of the show they will let standby people in. 

7 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

-I didn’t think the app would allow that booking to happen ! 

The app is sorely deficient in this regard (and plenty more).

When we boarded SY last week and went to the dining kiosk to make our specialty dining reservations, the chap who made them had them completely FUBAR.  We had double bookings on some days/nights and totally missing rezzies on others.  Thank goodness for the delightful Diamond Concierge who finally sorted it all out for us but YES, the app will allow overlapping bookings, unfortunately.