Lobster tail

cruisefam86

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 12thman said:

What if you are in Star class. Do you still have to pay for the 2nd plus tails?

We’ll have to wait until somebody sailing SC can report back about this particular situation, but my initial guess would be, no…SC would not be charged for any additional tails.  Just a guess though until somebody pushes that button.

I recall hearing a report of SC not being able to get the MDR fees for a chops steak waived but that was a while ago.  The 2nd lobster tail fee in the MDR may fall into the classification.

I'm not sure it's something that gets tested often simply because many SC aren't dining in the MDR on a regular basis to try it.

I know the UDP doesn't cover these fees but SC may depend on ship or genie.  

13 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We’ll have to wait until somebody sailing SC can report back about this particular situation, but my initial guess would be, no…SC would not be charged for any additional tails.  Just a guess though until somebody pushes that button.

Ill gladly push that button in the name of research on our upcoming SC sailing.   Are we talking going to the MDR and ordering additional tails?

• 4 weeks later...

16 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

I can confirm that additional lobster tails are complimentary for Star Class.  We ordered several and our waiter was kind enough to bring more after that.  

Where were you dining (as SC) when you ordered the lobster ?  Was it MDR lobster (formal night) or were you in a specialty restaurant ? 

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Where were you dining (as SC) when you ordered the lobster ?  Was it MDR lobster (formal night) or were you in a specialty restaurant ? 

It was night 6 formal night and we went to Coastal Kitchen.  We asked our Genie about MDR and he said it would be no problem getting it in CK.  Side note,  We ate at Izumi 3 times for Hibachi and ordered extra lobster there along with sushi rolls with dinner and there was no charge either.   

53 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

It was night 6 formal night and we went to Coastal Kitchen.    

Thanks very much for this intel.  We will be in a suite in 2 weeks (OA) and wondered if we would have to go to the MDR on formal night to get lobster.  Not SC but hopeful that we will be able to get lobster tails served in the CK.  Next problem:  getting lamb shank delivered up to the CK on the last night !  😂

32 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks very much for this intel.  We will be in a suite in 2 weeks (OA) and wondered if we would have to go to the MDR on formal night to get lobster.  Not SC but hopeful that we will be able to get lobster tails served in the CK.  Next problem:  getting lamb shank delivered up to the CK on the last night !  😂

We saw several people getting the lobster tails in CK on formal night.  Our waiter even told us we had 2 options for lobster that night, the one on the menu or the tails.  By night 7 I was tired of eating 🤣.

44 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If you made it all the way to day 7 before the onset of food fatigue you did damn well.  It usually hits me by day 3.

Oh I was in a food coma way before day 7.  I never in my life thought I would say I was tired of eating Filet Mignon.  By the last day I was wore out.  

13 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

Oh I was in a food coma way before day 7.  I never in my life thought I would say I was tired of eating Filet Mignon.  By the last day I was wore out.  

our struggles are real 🤣

all joking aside though, i usually do have to pace myself or else i'm like, are you KIDDING we have to eat AGAIN?!

and i am a good eater; a healthy italian who constantly wants some kind of snack like every two hours or so 😂