Wonder Solarium Bistro reservation cancelled?

Archarial

My friends and I had been excited to eat at the Solarium Bistro on the wonder, but a couple days out from our sailing date the reservation was cancelled and we were told the Solarium Bistro was only open for special events. That was a major bummer since food is one of my favorite parts of vacations in general, so I was really looking forward to it.

To be perfectly transparent we were compensated $25 per person, but that doesn't really make up for our plans just being cancelled at the last minute...

I though that maybe it was a maintenance thing or something, but I noticed there is a specific group of people eating in there every day. Which seemed weird to me. Was our reservation cancelled after this group of people bought out the restaurant or something? It hardly seems fair to have a group of people overwrite other peoples preexisting reservations.

I feel like there should be days set aside for large groups, but there should also be days open for other cruisers to make reservations and try it out.

It isn't the end of the world, it just seems a little unfair and definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Has anyone else ran into a situation like this before?

Aah I see. I figured there were other kosher options across the menus, but I will admit I am quite ignorant of Jewish customs so that contributes to my confusion; however that makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

I do wish they wouldn't shut an entire ship out of a restaraunt option in a case like this, but I can see how it just makes logistical sense!

3 hours ago, Archarial said:

My friends and I had been excited to eat at the Solarium Bistro on the wonder, but a couple days out from our sailing date the reservation was cancelled and we were told the Solarium Bistro was only open for special events. That was a major bummer since food is one of my favorite parts of vacations in general, so I was really looking forward to it.

To be perfectly transparent we were compensated $25 per person, but that doesn't really make up for our plans just being cancelled at the last minute...

I though that maybe it was a maintenance thing or something, but I noticed there is a specific group of people eating in there every day. Which seemed weird to me. Was our reservation cancelled after this group of people bought out the restaurant or something? It hardly seems fair to have a group of people overwrite other peoples preexisting reservations.

I feel like there should be days set aside for large groups, but there should also be days open for other cruisers to make reservations and try it out.

It isn't the end of the world, it just seems a little unfair and definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Has anyone else ran into a situation like this before?

Yes, it has been reserved for a group for a number of sailings... I just instant messaged Royal via their FB page inquiring about the location of Chef's Table on Wonder OTS and this is their response which likely explains your cancellation...

image.png.784eeae1b772a3cc8167cfd812d4cfdf.png

15 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Guessing this was on the January 15th sailing for Wonder.

If so, using Solarium Bistro as a dedicated Kosher kitchen was the case.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/e0d807e36ef5ed94465c7d2cc31587132805bbcb2ab0a78f99e5c30a922090b7/1280/https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2022_10/309529580_10159878681160743_2636789123714752739_n_copy_810x916.thumb.jpg.67431929880715d19b6da3257156edaa.jpg

Guessing a disconnect occurred between the Cruise Planner team and sales team.

Aaaaah, okay, yes this makes sense! I hadn't seen this and I'm guessing you're right about a little miscommunication.

Regardless, not a huge deal, was just a little confused. Other than that, this sailing has been wonderful! What a ship!