Passport Stamps

Mike T

I don't have any direct answers, but a couple of things to consider:

• If you do find someplace, make sure it's an OFFICIAL immigration facility. Some places have fake touristy stamps, and those can invalidate a passport. 
  • Stamps are becoming less and less common as immigration systems go more digital and info is more easily shared between countries. 
  • Even if you do find a place, it's very rare that US immigration will stamp a US passport, and note that St. Thomas is the United States. 

49 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

I don't have any direct answers, but a couple of things to consider:

• If you do find someplace, make sure it's an OFFICIAL immigration facility. Some places have fake touristy stamps, and those can invalidate a passport. 
  • Stamps are becoming less and less common as immigration systems go more digital and info is more easily shared between countries. 
  • Even if you do find a place, it's very rare that US immigration will stamp a US passport, and note that St. Thomas is the United States. 

Thanks @Zacharius...I didn't consider your first point...2nd, yes and 3rd I knew...just fun to collect them of the various places we've been.

50 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

I think I know the answer but...can I get those tourist stamps in my expired passport? I was surprised to get it back when we last renewed and it seems to be the safest place to get those fun stamps

27 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I think I know the answer but...can I get those tourist stamps in my expired passport? I was surprised to get it back when we last renewed and it seems to be the safest place to get those fun stamps

I don't see that being a problem...the old passport is basically a meaningless document anyways (officially, at least).