Specialty Dining Pricing…so confused

Sarastep

We are not planning on doing any of the dining packages, but are interested in eating at Izumi Hibachi. The app shows a price of $34.99 per person for lunch, but when I look at the menu it shows a price for each entree option. Are these prices on top of the $34.99? I don’t understand how it works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I believe that is the price for the "regular" combo package during lunch. Certain appetizers may be an additional cost. Also, you can always order a-la-carte items as well like sushi rolls and drinks at an additional cost.

Izumi.png.568029353f39516e11c8336af95df621.png

This was our lunch menu on Odyssey back in FEB 2022... The exact menu and set up of the restaurants ("Izumi" and/or "Teppanyaki") may be different depending on your ship class, but at least this gives you a very rough idea.

We were able to pick our appetizers, meal (one of the 7 choices here), and dessert from the areas I circled. The other appetizers were at additional cost if desired.

image.thumb.png.ed577ee4ea792b99fd65a19acb8193be.png

41 minutes ago, Sarastep said:

We are not planning on doing any of the dining packages, but are interested in eating at Izumi Hibachi. The app shows a price of $34.99 per person for lunch, but when I look at the menu it shows a price for each entree option. Are these prices on top of the $34.99? I don’t understand how it works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If you pre-book before, you only have to pay extra if you order sushi. The menu prices are there for those that do not book in advance.

Thank you for asking this. Izumi really confuses me too - so much that even though we like sushi, I've totally written it off for our next cruise. We've always enjoyed the MDR and never did specialty dining, but we will have $100 dining credit on our next cruise and were trying to figure out how to use it. Can you just go in to the location (is it one restaurant? or two?) and order some sushi if you want it?

25 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Thank you for asking this. Izumi really confuses me too - so much that even though we like sushi, I've totally written it off for our next cruise. We've always enjoyed the MDR and never did specialty dining, but we will have $100 dining credit on our next cruise and were trying to figure out how to use it. Can you just go in to the location (is it one restaurant? or two?) and order some sushi if you want it?

There's a hibachi side and a sushi side. Yes, if there's space available, you can go to the sushi side and order without buying the prix fixe menu in the cruise planner.

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Can you just go in to the location (is it one restaurant? or two?) and order some sushi if you want it?

It's confusing because each ship is different. Some of them have a single sushi bar with seats for only 8 people. Other ships the sushi side is half of the restaurant.  Some only have the sushi offerings and no hibachi. You can order at the ala carte prices off the sushi menu instead of the prix fixe if you want, but on Oasis class and Quantum class ships you will need a reservation for Izumi sushi.