Table number

togo

12 minutes ago, Maggie M said:

@ScottDDid you email them with your request to change to a private table? I've always called C&A to do this but they never emailed me a cool little spreadsheet like the one they sent you!

@Maggie MYep...I called a few months back to change from MTD to traditional, when I did that I said we were cool sharing a table with others. But the more I thought about it, I figured the 3 of us may enjoy it more being just us,  so I emailed the Dining department  and asked if we could have a private table. A few weeks later, got this email! 

Scott's experience is the first time I've heard of anyone finding out their table number in advance.  So it's not clear if this was something one employee did or if it's a new policy.  Either way, the table number isn't very useful because they renumber them every cruise once they figure out what size tables they need to use.  (If they push a bunch together to accommodate large parties, etc. that changes how many tables are actually in the room.)  There are probably general rules like "the 100s are over by those windows", "the 200s are by the stairs", etc but that's not publicly known info.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Scott's experience is the first time I've heard of anyone finding out their table number in advance.  So it's not clear if this was something one employee did or if it's a new policy.  Either way, the table number isn't very useful because they renumber them every cruise once they figure out what size tables they need to use.  (If they push a bunch together to accommodate large parties, etc. that changes how many tables are actually in the room.)  There are probably general rules like "the 100s are over by those windows", "the 200s are by the stairs", etc but that's not publicly known info.

Yeah I was definitely surprised to not only get my dining room number, but a table number. Not that it does much for me, but hey...at least I know we are up top!