Izumi Hibachi at $28.99

Rackham

11 hours ago, Pooch said:

Yup that’s in mine too.  Not sure if I want it but put it in my cart.

Probably better to pay for it to lock in the price. If you leave it in your cart and they put the price up you'll lose the cheaper rate. You can always cancel later if you decide you don't want it.

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Probably better to pay for it to lock in the price. If you leave it in your cart and they put the price up you'll lose the cheaper rate. You can always cancel later if you decide you don't want it.

True but the times are awful so not gonna bite.

Has anyone had luck with getting their concierge to change their times for specialty dining (IE: Hibachi, Hooked Lunch, etc) booked via CP once onboard?  We didn't have many options for our Navigator Hooked Lunch when I booked at the 15% off price and I wanted Day 2 (Sea Day) but they had no options for that day. I already have a laundry list of things I'm inquiring about to the concierge once we're onboard but I'm hoping they can "work their magic" for us!

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

True but the times are awful so not gonna bite.

The other times are usually available once you board. They tend to hold back the 7pm dining hour times on the Oasis class ships for dining package and suite guests. I would take the chance and try to switch as soon as you board. If not you can fully cancel onboard and get it refunded.

2 hours ago, Maggie M said:

Has anyone had luck with getting their concierge to change their times for specialty dining (IE: Hibachi, Hooked Lunch, etc) booked via CP once onboard? 

We used the Diamond Lounge this week on SY for the first time in many years.  The D Concierge could not have been more helpful.  The guy who made our UDP reservations for the week when we first boarded had our rezzies all jacked-up.  We had double bookings on some days and missing bookings on others.  The D Concierge fixed them all for us.  We never had any trouble getting the restaurant or time of our choosing.  Very very happy with the D Concierge on SY !  

Great price, but we're only seeing availability for parties of 2, all days for my Icon sailing next May.  We're a 5 and can't even book a 3 top any night.  There are a wide range of times open though.

I booked on 2 top, but for the rest of us, I think I'll take @AshleyDillo's advice and do a second reservation for 2 and then on for 1 in neighboring slots.  Worse case, I cancel (as the 1) and just walk over and gorge myself on the sushi side.

33 minutes ago, Xaa said:

Great price, but we're only seeing availability for parties of 2, all days for my Icon sailing next May.

Hibachi is a fixed number of seats per table, so they can't really just throw a couple of 2 tops together to accommodate a larger party as they could in a different specialty restaurant. 

Also at least on the Oasis class ships, you needed reservations for the sushi side. If they don't have the space, they won't take walk-ins. Icon will have the sushi takeout window, so there's that option for the sushi.

3 hours ago, cruisefam86 said:

When you go are you allowed to order classic or premier entree choices for the price you prebooked it for or are you limited to just the classic?

Yes I would like to know this as well! If we paid $28.99, but the menu shows 45.99 or 49.99 options, what are we allowed to order and what would be the upcharge if we wanted Premier combo. 

What are the options for kids? They were only slightly cheaper than adults- is there a specific hibachi menu for them?

image.png.4a788742c7bcf6112e09b7b8b8aca764.png

2 hours ago, morganpink2001 said:

Just booked this as well! It will be our only specialty dining of the cruise (Oasis, March 19 sailing). Is there anyway to tell which menus are offered which nights in MDR? I would love it this happened to fall on Mexican or Caribbean night which I don't think my kids will be as excited about!

We’re on the same sailing! Go on the app and you can select a different sailing. The oasis leaving next week Jan 22-29 is the same as ours. You can look here for menus dining times and shows schedules!

11 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We used the Diamond Lounge this week on SY for the first time in many years.  The D Concierge could not have been more helpful.  The guy who made our UDP reservations for the week when we first boarded had our rezzies all jacked-up.  We had double bookings on some days and missing bookings on others.  The D Concierge fixed them all for us.  We never had any trouble getting the restaurant or time of our choosing.  Very very happy with the D Concierge on SY !  

this is good to know because i always forget we have that option and wind up trying to unsnarl things myself at guest services amongst a dense line (somehow no matter when i go 😅)

1 hour ago, Xaa said:

Izumi Hibachi is taken off of the cruise planner for my Icon sailing now.  Maybe it filled up or they are price correcting.  Glad I got in what I did.  Thanks for the thread @Rackham

You're welcome. Checking my Allure sailing and the pricing for Hibachi is back where it should be, $59.99 marked 15% off to $50.99.

12 hours ago, cruisefam86 said:

We’re on the same sailing! Go on the app and you can select a different sailing. The oasis leaving next week Jan 22-29 is the same as ours. You can look here for menus dining times and shows schedules!

You are an absolute genius! Our MDR menus (barring any last minute changes) are going to be:

Night 1- Welcome Aboard

Night 2 (cruising)- Italian

Night 3 (Labadee)- French

Night 4 (San Juan)- Mexican

Night 5 (St. Thomas)- Caribbean (replacing with Hibachi for my family)

Night 6- (cruising)- Royal Night

Night 7 (Perfect Day)- Bon Voyage

This is perfect, thanks again!

18 minutes ago, Pooch said:

And it’s still in my cart, even at check out, at  $28.99!  Haven’t decided yet.

Make sure you triple check before you pay.  I think it will revert to the prevailing price once the final pay button appears.  I've had the same thing happen to me in the past and didn't realize it reverted at the very final step until after my card was charged.