"The Key" drops Welcome Lunch in the Main Dining Room??

I have reserved "The Key" for my May 6 sailing on Radiance OTS. I just used The Key on my Jan 6 sailing on Navigator OTS and enjoyed the welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room... but when I look at the benefits listed for the 5/6 sailing, the lunch is not listed. Maybe it's because of the different ships? Or maybe the program has changed?

Any thoughts?

~Debbie

13 minutes ago, Xaa said:

That looks like an old list of benefits.  Room Service and the 25% off dining I think were initial benefits that went away.  I'm just guessing though Debbie.  For my next sailing 03/05, it shows the Chops lunch still.

I hope you're right. I also noticed that when you click "Plan my cruise" the drop down has changed to "VIP Passes". Click on that and it takes you to The Key. That's where I found the benefits that I posted.

4 hours ago, miles4us2go said:

I have reserved "The Key" for my May 6 sailing on Radiance OTS. I just used The Key on my Jan 6 sailing on Navigator OTS and enjoyed the welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room... but when I look at the benefits listed for the 5/6 sailing, the lunch is not listed. Maybe it's because of the different ships? Or maybe the program has changed?

Any thoughts?

~Debbie

I would definitely be contacting RC and asking.

I think the answer is YES, or why else would you be going to the MDR... but it is a very curious omission.

Here is mine for an upcoming sailing... its very clear lunch is included.

What's Included

• Priority access into the terminal (within booked arrival time) on Day 1.
  • Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm.
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu.
  • Private time at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more.
  • Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore.
  • Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theatre, Aqua Theater, Studio B and Two70 (reservation is needed).
  • VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet.
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

We just had the Key lunch in the MDR on Wonder last week and our future sailings on Wonder (OCT 2023) and Icon (MAY 2024) still list the lunch in the MDR... Maybe it's not available on your ship going forward for some reason? I would keep checking!

This is the same menu we had for our Key lunch on Navigator on 1/6/23. I'll just keep an eye on it, I guess. I was surprised at the omission.

During the restart in late 2021 they were not doing the Chops lunch,  but in lieu of it, they gave complimentary Room service for the entire cruise.

Your Key benefits list complimentary room service, while all the others posted here do not.    I'd wager they are giving you the room service in lieu of the Chops lunch on that sailing for whatever reason.   But worth a call to be sure.

Listed in our June sailing on Quantum OTS.  And yes, the web page now shows The Key under a "VIP" offering.

What's Included

• Priority access into the terminal (within booked arrival time) on Day 1.
  • Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm.
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu.
  • Private time at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more.
  • Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore.
  • Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theatre, Aqua Theater, Studio B and Two70 (reservation is needed).
  • VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet.
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.

On 1/18/2023 at 4:54 PM, morganpink2001 said:

Does anyone know if the servers enforce the "one item per section" rule for The Key lunch? We would really love to have the Shrimp Cocktail and Cesar Salad!

The one item per section was enforced on my 1/6/23 lunch on Navigator. But maybe it's "waiter discretion"... I'd ask. 😁 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 11:51 AM, miles4us2go said:

The one item per section was enforced on my 1/6/23 lunch on Navigator. But maybe it's "waiter discretion"... I'd ask. 😁 

I'll try to be super sweet when I ask. Plus my hubby is HUGE (think NFL linebacker) so often times waiters are sympathetic that a tiny little steak and 4 shrimp wont be enough for him 🙂