Naughty Room

Hi all. I plan on bringing my two bottles of wine per cabin on my upcoming cruise. In the past I have lugged these around on embarkation day in a backpack. I recently hurt my back and don't want to aggravate it more. Two bottles of wine get heavy after a few hours. I know it is against the rules but I plan to put the wine (in liquid proof wine bags) in my checked bag, knowing that it will probably get sent to the naughty room. How am I notified that I need to go there to get my bag and show them that it is just wine?

I have put wine in my checked bag and had it delivered to my stateroom with no problem. Sure they could snag it but the guys inspecting checked bags are looking for other things I think.  The only time I  had to go down to deck one to claim my bag was  due to a surge suppressor I had forgotten to remove from my bag from a previous land based trip a couple weeks before.

That was 'entertaining'. I had to go to guest services after dinner to find out why my bag wasn't at the cabin, they sent me to Deck one. There was a line so I didn't feel to bad or singled out. There was the crew members and security asking me to remove any prohibited items from my bag and I was honestly telling them I had no idea what they were talking about. Finally one of them realized I wasn't trying to get one over and told me x-ray showed a surge suppressor and I very confusedly searched through the pockets till I found it. Amusingly I got back to my state room and found a note on the door telling me to come claim my bag! They had me fill out a claim form and informed me I could pick it up at the terminal on disembarkation. 

It was maybe 20 minutes out of my day and once  we got past the confusing it was all good. 

I am curious how many devices just get left after the cruise, we didn't even look for a place to pick up the surge suppressor. 

We’re bringing some local maple syrup (sealed quart container) with us when we cruise out of Cape Liberty in a couple weeks. 

It’s a gift for some friends who are meeting us for the day when we stop in Miami. 

We’re thinking of putting it in our bags we give the porters since we think it’ll be easier to explain to Royal on the ship (if our bag gets flagged) rather than trying to explain to port security. 

We have been notified our presences is required in the naughty room by a card left on our door...By a message on our cabin phone one time...And just calling Guest Services because we were missing a bag.   Nothing bad was in our luggage...Just the metal C-Clamps Psycho use to bring to hang his hammock on the balcony, which he no longer brings. 

9 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

Hi all. I plan on bringing my two bottles of wine per cabin on my upcoming cruise. In the past I have lugged these around on embarkation day in a backpack. I recently hurt my back and don't want to aggravate it more. Two bottles of wine get heavy after a few hours. I know it is against the rules but I plan to put the wine (in liquid proof wine bags) in my checked bag, knowing that it will probably get sent to the naughty room. How am I notified that I need to go there to get my bag and show them that it is just wine?

I would suggest you get a small roller bag.  We have one, as a backpack will not work for us with our shoulder or back issues. 

• 1 month later...

i usually make my way down to deck 3 and chat with the team while i assure them that my cold brew is not, in fact, alcohol. 

while i never received a notice to head down to the brig, it became rapidly apparent that my bad was missing from the lineup after everyone else had received theirs. 

i now put it in my carryon but even so; it wouldn’t be a cruise without a trip down to the depths to retrieve my bag 😂

I put bottles of wine in checked bags all the time. The only time I was summoned to the naughty room was when I decided to bring these aluminum cans of Pinot Grigio instead of bottles. Obviously the metal shape set  something off and they examined them for a long time before sending me (and the cans) back to the safety of our room. 🤣 Oopsies