Cape Liberty, NJ Hotels

Thanks. Really interested in any and all Hilton properties in close proximity to the port. I guess with the underwhelming volume of responses I will have to do it the old fashioned way and "google it". It would have been superb to get some insider info on where to stay exc. 

PS: if anyone ever has any Fort Lauderdale specific questions I am local and very happy to answer. 

On 5/2/2017 at 6:22 PM, tiny260 said:

"JLmoran", might know, his profile is listed to NJ, but I haven't seen him post in a couple of days, maybe he's on a cruise, LOL.

Haven't been on a cruise, but was on a two week break from work followed by a few days of getting caught back up. ;)

Newark / Cape Liberty is about 45 minutes from where I live, so I can't really recommend any hotels to you from that area. However, when I was researching a Bermuda trip on Anthem I found this cruise review where the reviewers stayed at a Westin in the area (the Westin Jersey City). That hotel appears to be very close to the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway and, I'm guessing from the review, has convenient access to Hoboken (a city that I can say has some awesome dining options along its main drag, having gone to grad school at Stevens Institute of Technology there).

The reviewers did have to drive from the hotel to the port, about 20 minutes by their account (mainly city traffic from what I remember of that area). But if that works for you or you can book a Lyft, I'd say go for it. The Westin hotel line is pretty good, better in my experience than Hiltons in this area that I've been to.

I stayed at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor mainly b/c it's where I've stayed for work a number of times.  Not a Hilton, but it's a very nice place.  The ferry into NYC Times Square area is right outside the hotel.  We took uber to the port - cost was $13.  It was about 30 minutes from the hotel (when you count sitting in the drop off line at the port).