Royal cooler bags- new on the website?

ScottD

We bought one of the Truly packs for our upcoming cruise in May. We got it cheap like $43.99 or something. It worked out to be like $7 a drink plus you get the cooler bag. We didn’t do the drink package as we are not big day drinkers so this plus 2 bottles of wine we take on should get us by. Maybe we will get another bottle one night. 

Was in the cruise planner to purchase a couple bags. It allows you to select how many of a particular variant you want per selected passenger. The limit per passenger seems to be 13, so I could have ordered 39 bags with six bottles of water each for the three booked passengers. That's a total of 39 bags and 234 bottles of water.

If you could do the same thing per passenger with Bud Light, Truly, Coke, and Diet Coke then someone could potentially order 65 bags per passenger. Wonder how that would work out.

10 hours ago, Mandro said:

I'm doing Wonder in April and according to the website they're not available until June.  😞

Mando, I purchased 2 of the bags of bud lite today for my husband for our sailing on Wonder in May.  I wonder if it is just certain ones that are sold out (beer, water, soda).  They were on sale for $43.99.  Thats cheaper than buying the beers alone on the ship plus there was no gratuity charge.  I hope they don't cancel my order.

17 hours ago, happygirlchocolate said:

Mando, I purchased 2 of the bags of bud lite today for my husband for our sailing on Wonder in May.  I wonder if it is just certain ones that are sold out (beer, water, soda).  They were on sale for $43.99.  Thats cheaper than buying the beers alone on the ship plus there was no gratuity charge.  I hope they don't cancel my order.

Not available for my May 7th Wonder. Was looking at the beer one. It is available for my October Allure and none of the bags showing for my next April Icon. Probably too soon for that one. 

On 2/25/2023 at 6:35 AM, YellowBrickRoad said:

I just ordered the cooler with the water for 23.99 on my August Cruise. Thanks for info. With the three we get through Crown&Anchor, it will be nice to just have in the room. 

Hopefully you get those bottles I got... big and glass...stayed nice and cold in the fridge\cooler plus a few on ice in the cooler bag! 

On 2/24/2023 at 9:25 PM, happygirlchocolate said:

I don't see them on mine unless I go to the bottom of the page hit site map and then choose royal gifts.  You should be able to find it there

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 1.46.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 1.46.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 1.49.21 PM.png

3 hours ago, D-Marie said:

I don't see them on mine unless I go to the bottom of the page hit site map and then choose royal gifts.  You should be able to find it there

Found them there but also not listing them as available on Allure until June. They must have been really popular and perhaps sold out for certain ships in the near future.

On 2/24/2023 at 8:25 PM, happygirlchocolate said:

I"ll send good vibes your way, it's such a good deal!!

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, amanalo217 said:

Boarded Odyssey today. Letter saying that due to supply chain issues coolers not available and purchase of the cooler bag was cancelled but drinks still provided and $10.99 OBC provided.

So you got the drinks, a refund and 10.99 OBC?

Same thing happened to me on Independence last month. I order the bag with Diet Coke and when we got to our room there was only the Diet Coke sitting on the dresser. No note or anything. I had to go to Guest Services to ask about my bag and was eventually told they were out of stock and she would issue me a refund towards OBC. It really made me wonder if I hadn't gone to Guest Services I wouldn't have received any money back. 

44 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Or was it JUST $10.99 refunded as OBC and @amanalo217 still paid the rest of the original purchase price for the waters? The two of us read the post by @amanalo217 differently.

I hope your interpretation is the correct one, @Ampurp85.

I read it the same way you do. $10.99 sounds to me more like a refund of monies paid than an apology payment.

If it was me, I would be telling guest services to remove the water and refund me the full cost since I booked it for the bag and not the water.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

@FionaMG and @HeWhoWaits I believe the cooler bags start at $34.99, so a $10.99 refund is a crapshoot......especially if that's what they estimate the bags cost. 

We ordered some with water at $29.99. If the bag is $10.99 that's $19.00 for six waters. At that price, they better be the one-liter bottles or the entire amount refunded. As @FionaMGsaid, we ordered for the bag, not the water.

5 hours ago, amanalo217 said:

Update from Odyssey: They did not refund the cooler package. The $10.99 is refundable credit to make up for the cooler. Works for me because I got the package for $43.99 which was cheaper than the $7.49 x 6 and 18% gratuity on each can.

Thanks for letting us know. Pity about the bag but it's good you got a bargain despite the disappointment. 

My sailing isn't until July so 🤞 they'll have them back in stock by then.

Hmmmm, I’m wondering whether I should cancel my purchases for my July cruise.  I bought one cooler set w/water for each of our 5 rooms at a bargain price of $19.99 each.  However, we all have drink or refreshment pkgs so really don’t need the water…I just wanted the bags for everyone!   Should they still not have them in stock when we cruise…I wouldn’t want just the water since we can all grab some anytime we want!  
Maybe I’ll wait it out a bit and see if there are updates closer to our sail date?

I think I would keep the orders on the books @PPPJJ-GCVAB.  Then if they deliver, you have what you need.  If they don't, pop into guest services and tell them you don't want the half package and to refund your purchase and come get the water.

I'm guessing they will do the refund and probably leave the water, but either way, you'll have free water with your beverage package.