Royal cooler bags- new on the website?

ScottD

46 minutes ago, Xaa said:

My guess is that you will get the cooler bag folded up in its packaging and the drinks sitting unchilled next to it.

You're probably right. My experience with most soft sided cooler bags (though not these particular ones) is that they do tend to sweat much more than a regular cooler, so if they did fill them with ice it's going to make a mess.  Beach towels folded underneath them and replaced frequently helps.

14 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Okay so the cooler bag from the gift section is a much smaller one than one they are selling on the ship. The one through gifts will hold less than 12 cans. It only has one compartment to hold ice and beverages.

How much does the one cost on the ship?

27.99 for the cooler and soda on my cruise. It shows instock however when you go to pay I get this message:

"We're sorry. We couldn't complete your request but are working to fix the issue."

The price has gone down a few dollars since it first appeared but the checkout error has been consistent... I'll keep trying

15 hours ago, Rackham said:

Looks like Xaa was right!

Boarded Oasis yesterday and our cooler bag was sitting on the table,  full of ice with 6 of these giant glass bottles water sitting next to it. I thought they made a mistake and left bottles of vodka..lol. 

20230129_132450.jpg

My cruise last week just had the cooler in the plastic bag. No water bottles. So I called to ask about them and they delivered 6 regular sized non-Evian bottles to our room within a few hours. That worked great for us - they gave us an additional 4 bottles with the diamond gifts too. Haven't used the bag yet but it's a nice size for bringing beers/sodas/waters to the beach or on another excursion - see pictures!

Cooler1.jpg

Cooler2.jpg

Cooler3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 10:34 AM, Bruno said:

Anyone know if we can change the beer? Not a big fan of bud light.

I sent an inquiry to RCI to ask the same thing.  This is the response I received...
"Substitutions are at the discretion of ship staff, and are contingent upon availability. Please inquire onboard about substituting the beer in the cooler."

Not sure where I would inquire though... any suggestions? Guest services? One of the bars? 

1 hour ago, Tracy S said:

I sent an inquiry to RCI to ask the same thing.  This is the response I received...
"Substitutions are at the discretion of ship staff, and are contingent upon availability. Please inquire onboard about substituting the beer in the cooler."

Not sure where I would inquire though... any suggestions? Guest services? One of the bars? 

I've read when Royal was offering the cooler + beer combo pre-shutdown that beers could be exchanged for a cold one at any bar. Bars aboard might allow a swap for another beer that costs the same as the one being swapped. Haven't tried it, so it might or might not work. And if it does, it's going to be a YMMV situation unless Royal puts into place an official policy.

19 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

@WAYNOhow did the bags work out for you?

We loved the bag, kept the ice for us all day\night then replaced it with the ice bucket of ice each day. I used it at home on super bowl sunday to keep ice for everyone, too. The Bottles of water we got are still what I am amazed at...I think it was just luck that we got those giant glass bottles!