Royal cooler bags- new on the website?

ScottD

Looking at the gifts section of my online planner and all of the sudden, cooler bags filled with various drinks have appeared. You can get them with water, beer, soda or hard seltzers!  Seems like a pretty cool little thing to have waiting in the room, water is 25, soda is 35 and beer\seltzers are 55.  Are these new, or have they just finally popped up for my cruise? 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/gifts?bookingId=4225955&shipCode=OA&sailDate=20230129

I saw them yesterday on my cruise too and I think they're new!

I also noticed that they changed "the Key" tab to VIP Passes.  I wonder if RCL has something up their sleeve with offering different tiers/kinds of packages similar to The Key.

I'm seriously debating getting one of those coolers though.  They look fairly nice, but 54 for a 6 pack of beer and a cooler is pretty steep haha

1 hour ago, TexanTwoStep said:

I also noticed that they changed "the Key" tab to VIP Passes.  I wonder if RCL has something up their sleeve with offering different tiers/kinds of packages similar to The Key.

I'm seriously debating getting one of those coolers though.  They look fairly nice, but 54 for a 6 pack of beer and a cooler is pretty steep haha

Yeah, i may grab one with the water...just to get the cooler and have a few bottles of water waiting for me as a bonus

30 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

It is more so that you are paying for the cooler bag than the items.

Yeah, that's why I'll probably get it with the water, the cheapest option just to have the bag. Be nice to have something to dump a few ice buckets into

I just purchased a cooler with the water for each of my kids’ rooms (along with one for my room 😏) for our July family cruise.  Figure they can use them anytime during the cruise…take to the pool…take to CocoCay…and they’ll have a souvenir of our long awaited special cruise!  As my grandkids keep reminding me…it’s been a 3 year wait for this cruise to happen…are we really getting to do it this time?   A little more than six months to go and I hope and pray nothing is going to stop us this time!

5 hours ago, TexanTwoStep said:

I've ordered the beer one for my cruise next month. If you divide the cost of the bundle by 6, it's basically buying 6 beers at on-board pricing (with gratuity) and getting the bag for free. It used to be that if you bought the bag of beers (BoB), Royal would replenish the beer at a discounted rate, but Royal apparently stopped that offer a while back. Since they're re-introducing the BoB, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll also bring back the replenishment special. Not holding my breath though.

the cooler looks great, reminds me a bit of the yeti-like looking stainless steel mug.  i wish i could find one of those but they seem to have been a short period of time or only certain ships?  idk.

calling the key VIP is just another revenue generator, like PT Barnum said, there's a sucker born every minute.  as one investor analysis said "We’re continually amazed and impressed at how the cruise lines get passengers to pay for the same thing twice."

On 1/16/2023 at 5:30 AM, ScottD said:

Looking at the gifts section of my online planner and all of the sudden, cooler bags filled with various drinks have appeared. You can get them with water, beer, soda or hard seltzers!  Seems like a pretty cool little thing to have waiting in the room, water is 25, soda is 35 and beer\seltzers are 55.  Are these new, or have they just finally popped up for my cruise? 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/gifts?bookingId=4225955&shipCode=OA&sailDate=20230129

Yup, is just ordered Coronas for the room. Being Diamond plus there is no charge.

Just purchased one of the water cooler bags for our cruise on the Navigator this Friday! I'll report back.

I'm super jealous that Corona's were not an option for us...only Bud Light, Coke, Diet Coke, Water, or Truly hard seltzers.

I'm glad this site exists....had I not known, I wouldn't have scrolled all the way down on the 'gifts and gear' page and seen it (at the very bottom) and it said there were only '3 spots left' so they sell out fast I guess?! Thanks all!

1 hour ago, Wheeler825 said:

Thanks but not what was confusing, my bad.  What do you mean 12/24 or 24/48?  are you saying it holds 24 12 oz cans? or?.. I dunno somethings not computing today

The girl I asked confused me.  She gave me those specifics and I went back in today and took my own stock. It is up to 24 cans. Probably only 12 bottles. I want to assume that 24/48 is based on mini items, like the 8oz bottles or cans. The price is $49.95 in the store on board.

4 hours ago, SweetPea said:

I went on to my sailing and i see the gifts but looks like they are limited.  Some of mine are reporting "only 5 left!" etc. 

yeah they went fast...only listed them for my sailing a few days ago and the water one is already sold out and 3 left of the Truly ones. 

I'm glad to see this thread.  Thanks.  I did not even know these or other gift items were available. 

I bought the bag with  water.  I would have bought the bag even without the water.😉 

These items were obscure on the cruise planner.  Scrolling all the way to the bottom, the gift section was hidden without scrolling sideways.  I  found them only by accident.  And going to that page again, I scrolled some more and found the same bag, also with a 6-pack of diet Coke.  So I had to buy it too.  Cool gifts to bring home.🤩 

1 hour ago, WAYNO said:

I'm glad to see this thread.  Thanks.  I did not even know these or other gift items were available. 

I bought the bag with  water.  I would have bought the bag even without the water.😉 

These items were obscure on the cruise planner.  Scrolling all the way to the bottom, the gift section was hidden without scrolling sideways.  I  found them only by accident.  And going to that page again, I scrolled some more and found the same bag, also with a 6-pack of diet Coke.  So I had to buy it too.  Cool gifts to bring home.🤩 

Yeah, i found it by chance. I check all of the stuff in the planner regularly to see if anything was added or for sales... and I saw all of the regular stuff in the gifts section then these popped up way at the bottom.