Specialty Dining, kids menus, and prices

ChrisinOr

Before I start, thanks so much to Matt and the rest of this community. I've been watching YouTube videos and lurking in the forums to get lots of great info. I haven't been on a cruise in 20 years so lots to catch up on.

The family is going on a cruise in March and we have as 12 year old and a 9 year old. I'm looking at Specialty restaurants and there's an adult price and a kids price. The app of course knows the ages of the kids so will only let me book them as a children's reservation. But I don't think the kids menu is what they're going to want. Is there a way to reserve them as adults so they don't have to order off the kids menu? Especially for lunch the price difference is small so I don't mind it.

Will they get similar treatment in the MDR? Or will they be able to order off the standard menu.

Thanks everyone!

Chris

7 hours ago, melmar02 said:

My kids eat off the adult menu and we haven't been charged extra...yet. That could always change, I'm sure.

Thanks! Are you referring to the MDR, specialty restaurants, or both?

When booking for specialty restaurants there's a children's price and it has an asterisk on it that says children must order from the children's menu. Would be interesting to know if that's not enforced.

32 minutes ago, ChrisinOr said:

Thanks! Are you referring to the MDR, specialty restaurants, or both?

When booking for specialty restaurants there's a children's price and it has an asterisk on it that says children must order from the children's menu. Would be interesting to know if that's not enforced.

Both MDR and specialty. My son still orders the fruit salad from the kid's menu in the MDR, but he orders an adult entree and dessert. He gets the lamb on the adult menu in Chops. 

• 2 months later...