Balcony Guarantee Oasis class

PL8SWPR

Looking at a couple options for Oct 2024.  Harmony out of Galveston and Wonder out of Orlando.

There seems to be no way to book an Oceanview balcony specific GTY, just a general Balcony GTY.  After a web search, it seems that this used to be an option.  Can this be done by calling directly?

If this is possible, my next question would be if there are there any significantly obstructed Oceanview balcony cabins on Oasis ships?

7 hours ago, PL8SWPR said:

Looking at a couple options for Oct 2024.  Harmony out of Galveston and Wonder out of Orlando.

There seems to be no way to book an Oceanview balcony specific GTY, just a general Balcony GTY.  After a web search, it seems that this used to be an option.  Can this be done by calling directly?

If this is possible, my next question would be if there are there any significantly obstructed Oceanview balcony cabins on Oasis ships?

One thing is that OVB could be all sold out for the itineraries you are looking at. It is possible if you call, they might have some, or if your TA has access to a group rate that has some held back. Yes, there are significantly obstructed OVB cabins usually on deck 6 where the lifeboats are. The GTY balconies could be Boardwalk or Central Park, so there is also that.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

One thing is that OVB could be all sold out for the itineraries you are looking at. It is possible if you call, they might have some, or if your TA has access to a group rate that has some held back. Yes, there are significantly obstructed OVB cabins usually on deck 6 where the lifeboats are. The GTY balconies could be Boardwalk or Central Park, so there is also that.

Are they obstructed much? I thought Ive read that Oasis was set up that the lifeboats weren't directly in front of any cabins

Just booked Harmony for 2024 last night. Royal's website, when clicking on the guarantee, showed the pricing consistent with the neighborhood balcony gty. On agent sites, I was able to see the XB gty. I almost exclusively book directly through Royal, however I didn't feel like sitting on the phone, the XB pricing was really good, and this particular agent site was throwing in $50 OBC, so I booked it through them.

The separate guarantees exist (at least on occasion), but you might need to call or use a TA to book.