Crown and Anchor Party

RickW

4 hours ago, RickW said:

As a first time cruiser, I have a Crown and Anchor number but no accumulated points.

Am I still welcome at the Crown and Anchor Party? When will it be held and what does it entail?

You won't get an invite but they won't check if you just show up.  They typically introduce the Captain, and ship officers, recognize new Pinnacles and the highest point cruisers aboard, and have a very short entertainment segment.  Champagne and Mimosas are handed out as you enter.

I believe it will depend on the ship and sailing occupancy-and I imagine # of C&A members onboard  if everyone gets an invite or not.  
This past year they have checked setsail pass to see your tier level.  (I'm D+) but I do recall having family who were Emerald at one of these (received the invite)
I would imagine they must limit participants somehow as not all venues can hold hundreds of people.

On Oasis class ships the ceremony is in the Aqua Theater and you can watch from the Boardwalk even if you aren't eligible to enter and have a drink.  It lasts about 20-30 minutes, so you aren't missing much if you don't attend.  Further, if you want free champagne, there is always an art show....

We were on Allure in September and met a few Pinnacles while walking around.  One of them in particular we kept running into and he told us to attend the event (Aqua Theater) the next morning as he was being celebrated for his next milestone since making Pinnacle.  We just walked past the reception line, grabbed a mimosa and sat down.  No one was looking for invites.  We cheered for him when he was introduced!