C&A Updates

Ampurp85

9 hours ago, USFFrank said:

I don't see them changing what you can get with each tier, but it wouldn't surprise me if they made it more difficult to achieve new tier status. Like raising how many points you would need in order to get into each tier. For example, diamond status is currently 80 points. Royal raises the point requirement for diamond status to let's say 100 points effective, let's say on any cruise booked starting March 1. Now what about those who are currently between 80-99 points. I'm at 82 points currently, I would be grandfathered into diamond. Or let's say someone is at 75 points and booked a 5 day (or more) cruise before March 1. After their cruise is complete they too would be grandfathered into diamond status. But only from the points achieved from that cruise. Anything booked after March 1 (even if that cruise were to occur before the cruise booked before March 1) would fall under the new points and tier status requirements. There would be other scenarios that may come into play as well. It could get rather complicated. I would just hope if something like this were to happen that Royal's computer system is up to the task.

Yeah we turned diamond after our cruise in August. We were very excited to get there at 86 points. They better not drop us out or something. That would be really a crappy thing to do. I can't see them doing that though like you said. We have 25 points in cruises booked going forward. Hoping to get to Diamond + but not a huge deal as long as we stay Diamond. 

Just to add a bit more detail to the thread, I am Not seeing my points/status on the web page now since I booked us on Allure again in April. It shows in the app just fine, and the spouse can see hers on the web page and app too. Seems to be just my online RCCL profile at the moment. I contacted RCCL to be sure our C and A numbers are applied to the April cruise, and they saw our points and verified they are on there, so I'm ok for now. We'll be on Radiance in February and that'll get us to Emerald status. With April being in a suite and one/two more sailings also in a suite we should make Diamond. At least that is the plan...

Phil and Steff

23 hours ago, Pooch said:

We have points here?!?!

Oh wow, never noticed that before.  Does it get us into secret stuff on group cruises??

I know the supply line is slow…but…I’m still waiting patiently for my official RC Blog Crystal blocks for my Pinnacle level, and the milestones.🤣

If Royal does do anything to the points required for a particular level, they'll probably reduce the number of points required, not increase it. A number of years ago Royal changed from points earned from sailing on a cruise (1 point per cruise) to points earned per night sailed (1 point per night) to align themselves with what the other mass market cruise lines were doing. And Royal's point requirements are similar to the other lines as well.

Here's Carnival's loyalty chart (click on the "What you get" tab): https://www.carnival.com/vifp

And here's NCL's, which Royal's somewhat mirrors: https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program#tier_benefits

The equivalent for Diamond in C&A with Carnival or NCL is at 75 points, not 80. And Diamond+ equivalent with NCL happens at 150 points, not 175.

Something I could see Royal introducing from NCL's benefits, assuming their computers could handle it, is being able to pre-book a DBP with a standing discount based on loyalty tier instead of purchasing once aboard to take advantage of it. 

5 hours ago, PhilandSteff said:We'll be on Radiance in February and that'll get us to Emerald status. With April being in a suite and one/two more sailings also in a suite we should make Diamond. At least that is the plan...

Phil and Steff

We’re on the same trajectory. Will be diamond by 2024 if they don’t change the qualifying numbers 🤞

1 hour ago, Jason12 said:

Remove your c&a number in your online account then click save it will not completely save then add number again click save 👍

I found a bit simpler way to fix it. All I did is retype my C&A number, which enabled the save button.  And all is fixed.  The change immediately showed in the app, too.

4 hours ago, mistertomatohead said:

I just retyped one digit so the Save button shows and clicked the button. Now I'm reminded I'm 24 nights of solo cruising from Diamond. ☹️

I tried this and it worked.  My correct total points are now shown.😎

Thanks.

A couple of weeks ago I had a Royal IT bug bite when my last cruise posted in the "Past Cruises" section with the proper points for that cruise but my points displayed didn't go up.  

They suggested the delete your CAS number and save trick which resulted in the incomplete save and second save but that didn't work.  They then did something behind the scenes which did work.  They mentioned that "relationship points" appeared correct but it wasn't updating the actual points displayed. 

Makes me wonder if this has been going on for a few weeks now, like some app, db or middleware server was patched or upgraded and now it's wreaking havoc.  

14 minutes ago, RorySC said:

I can not even access the site on laptop, but can get in through the app. weird!

I'm not the only one then. I got a new laptop a few months ago and cannot login! It's driving me nuts. It keeps giving me a massage that they have my information but can't display it or something stupid like that. It basically kicks me back to the login page over and over again. My phone is fine, my wife's laptop is fine, my kindle is fine but my laptop will not allow me to log in. I don't get it!

On 1/13/2023 at 6:06 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I know many of us receive the newsletter saying that C&A would be updated/exciting changes some time in Jan. But I wonder if the tiers and such will be changed. Today my points and tier status were no longer displaying. I asked a friend and they said theirs has been "down" as well. Is anyone else seeing this?

image.png.248186c443e9723ee3cc01c5898ff4db.png

Mine kick in just tonight. You might recall on our September Oasis run I spent a lot of time fixing stuff along with the Loyalty Ambassador...