C&A Updates

Ampurp85

I know many of us receive the newsletter saying that C&A would be updated/exciting changes some time in Jan. But I wonder if the tiers and such will be changed. Today my points and tier status were no longer displaying. I asked a friend and they said theirs has been "down" as well. Is anyone else seeing this?

image.png.248186c443e9723ee3cc01c5898ff4db.png

Just checked now…mine is still down…has been for days.

But…I did call Wednesday to reprice a booked cruise and the agent had my correct points on her computer. So, it seems like it’s only on my side.

But, more importantly, my points on the Royal Caribbean Blog are still there! Whew!😜

32 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Just checked now…mine is still down…has been for days.

But…I did call Wednesday to reprice a booked cruise and the agent had my correct points on her computer. So, it seems like it’s only on my side.

But, more importantly, my points on the Royal Caribbean Blog are still there! Whew!😜

We have points here?!?!

Oh wow, never noticed that before.  Does it get us into secret stuff on group cruises??

16 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I know many of us receive the newsletter saying that C&A would be updated/exciting changes some time in Jan. But I wonder if the tiers and such will be changed. Today my points and tier status were no longer displaying. I asked a friend and they said theirs has been "down" as well. Is anyone else seeing this?

I don't see them changing what you can get with each tier, but it wouldn't surprise me if they made it more difficult to achieve new tier status. Like raising how many points you would need in order to get into each tier. For example, diamond status is currently 80 points. Royal raises the point requirement for diamond status to let's say 100 points effective, let's say on any cruise booked starting March 1. Now what about those who are currently between 80-99 points. I'm at 82 points currently, I would be grandfathered into diamond. Or let's say someone is at 75 points and booked a 5 day (or more) cruise before March 1. After their cruise is complete they too would be grandfathered into diamond status. But only from the points achieved from that cruise. Anything booked after March 1 (even if that cruise were to occur before the cruise booked before March 1) would fall under the new points and tier status requirements. There would be other scenarios that may come into play as well. It could get rather complicated. I would just hope if something like this were to happen that Royal's computer system is up to the task.

19 minutes ago, USFFrank said:

I would just hope if something like this were to happen that Royal's computer system is up to the task.

This line made laugh out loud! 

That is a fantastic point. Can you imagine if they switched something, the IT mess that would create? 

1 hour ago, USFFrank said:

I don't see them changing what you can get with each tier, but it wouldn't surprise me if they made it more difficult to achieve new tier status. Like raising how many points you would need in order to get into each tier. For example, diamond status is currently 80 points. Royal raises the point requirement for diamond status to let's say 100 points effective, let's say on any cruise booked starting March 1. Now what about those who are currently between 80-99 points. I'm at 82 points currently, I would be grandfathered into diamond. Or let's say someone is at 75 points and booked a 5 day (or more) cruise before March 1. After their cruise is complete they too would be grandfathered into diamond status. But only from the points achieved from that cruise. Anything booked after March 1 (even if that cruise were to occur before the cruise booked before March 1) would fall under the new points and tier status requirements. There would be other scenarios that may come into play as well. It could get rather complicated. I would just hope if something like this were to happen that Royal's computer system is up to the task.

I doubt Royal will be mucking with points required for each tier. There are less Diamonds and up on any particular sailing than you might think by the posters with those statuses here on the Blog (based on publicly available information and comments, the average sailing has under 18% with Diamond or better), the benefits don't cost Royal much to provide, but they certainly drive bookings either to reach that status or take advantage of the perks, and Royal will be raising their rates to get within an estimated 80% of the cost of an equivalent land-based vacation over the next couple of years. On that last point, Royal was estimating they're at 60% of the cost of a land-based trip. Moving that percentage up to 80% will add hundreds, if not thousands, to the fare. They'll reduce the number of people reaching Diamond in the future simply due to pricing people out of cruising as often.

16 minutes ago, Rackham said:

I doubt Royal will be mucking with points required for each tier. There are less Diamonds and up on any particular sailing than you might think by the posters with those statuses here on the Blog (based on publicly available information and comments, the average sailing has under 18% with Diamond or better), the benefits don't cost Royal much to provide, but they certainly drive bookings either to reach that status or take advantage of the perks, and Royal will be raising their rates to get within an estimated 80% of the cost of an equivalent land-based vacation over the next couple of years. On that last point, Royal was estimating they're at 60% of the cost of a land-based trip. Moving that percentage up to 80% will add hundreds, if not thousands, to the fare. They'll reduce the number of people reaching Diamond in the future simply due to pricing people out of cruising as often.

In a weird way, I am fine with them raising the fare a bit; some trips the demographics have been a little “too mainstream”

2 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

Showing normally for me in all places; printed luggage tags this morning and they show proper status 

showing normally for me!

weirdly -- our luggage tags only show my friend's status (platinum) and not my diamond -- total reversal from last month's odyssey sailing. i called C+A to see what could be done but they said it would need to be transferred over to the groups department (because we got a group rate as we'd booked with a TA) to adjust  and the wait was 3+ hours with no call back option presented.

distantly i then matt (and everyone else here!) recommending always booking with a travel agent because they can often sort things on your behalf, so i called them to ask if there was anything to be done. the TA is now working on this for us!

also funny story -- the initial C+A rep i spoke with informed us that we were a level higher than where we currently sit -- so emerald for my friend and D+ for myself. i almost fell out of my chair and had to ask her to repeat it.

(and secretly wondered if the tiers were changing 😂)

They'd never release this info, but I'm curious for D, D+, and Pin how many active cruisers there are (people who have taken at least one cruise in the last 12/24 months). This wouldn't count kids who are piggybacking on their parents' status.

Also what's the average annual number of cruises/nights at sea for each tier.