Best alcohol bang for your buck

Wheeler825

Just stay clear of the MD 20/20 and Boones Farm. LOL

Find yourself a nice bar you think you would frequent during the trip on Day 1.  Tip the bartender cash and let him know you plan on visiting again.  Make sure you introduce yourself and call them by name.  They should treat you well after that.

16 minutes ago, DoomSlayer said:

Just stay clear of the MD 20/20 and Boones Farm. LOL

Find yourself a nice bar you think you would frequent during the trip on Day 1.  Tip the bartender cash and let him know you plan on visiting again.  Make sure you introduce yourself and call them by name.  They should treat you well after that.

yes this! 

17 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Clearly old here but I don’t remember getting/being drunk to be all that much fun.   No balance, slurred speech, woozy head, often “praying to the porcelain gods”.  Not sure that would be something I planned to do 🤷‍♀️

It's the reference to the "planning" of it that made me chuckle. 

Yep, old here, too. 

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

Has anyone got a photo of the drinks menu... particularly the range of beers and prices on offer?

Look in the app: select “dining” in the bottom circles, then after it switches, scroll past “hungry now”, “restaurants “, and “main dining” to the bars & lounges selections. You’ll then get a list of all of the bars and lounges. Pick one, then look for the blue “menu” choice. It will list what they should (but don’t always) have with prices. You can order any cocktail anywhere as long as they have the ingredients but it will list their specialties. 

2 hours ago, FloatyBoaty said:

Look in the app: select “dining” in the bottom circles, then after it switches, scroll past “hungry now”, “restaurants “, and “main dining” to the bars & lounges selections. You’ll then get a list of all of the bars and lounges. Pick one, then look for the blue “menu” choice. It will list what they should (but don’t always) have with prices. You can order any cocktail anywhere as long as they have the ingredients but it will list their specialties. 

Thanks for sharing this! I couldn't remember where I found it before.

there are also daily specials, a drink of the day where certain drink might be a dollar or two off, they are usually fruity rum punch pool side type cocktails but that's another option too. 

you can also bring two bottles of wine (we usually go with champagne) aboard in your carryon bag, even if you're flying in it's pretty easy to swing by a store and grab it on your ride to the port.

13 minutes ago, Sharla said:

Steer clear of the Bionic Bar- it's a fun novelty but it's definitely completely measured out. A bartender will do a better job. Find a bar on the first or second day and stick with that bar. They'll know you and what you like.

Yeah I've seen this as well, 1.5oz pours aint gonna cut it for the price.

8 hours ago, FloatyBoaty said:

Excellent information!!

Many thanks 👍

57 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

I have heard that Foster's is not highly thought of in Oz. Only popular at Outback Steakhouse because it's Australian. Is that true?

100% true.

In fact most alcohol outlets don't even sell it... 

And 99% of Australians have never tasted it.

I was 40yrs old and the first time I ever tasted it was in New Zealand!!

A bit of extra info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foster's_Lager

Since we are talking beer and the best bang. Ships that have Playmakers. They have a beef flights, small and large $7-8 and a pitcher, 60oz for $18+grats.  I am on Oasis in 1 and a half days, no drink package just diamond vouchers. My brother and I already plan to get a pitcher and wings for our late evening snack.

So funny story: we just did a 12 night Holy Land on Odyssey. We cruised with my husband’s step brother and wife. 

Wife had been complaining she was gaining too much weight drinking lower % wines so EVERY night her husband would ask the waiter to bring the highest % alcohol wine they had. Only took 3 glasses for her most nights. 

We also got very lucky that our favorite pool deck server was also our server at dinner. We drank very well on that cruise.