Australian 'benefits'

poider

G'day,

I am booked for a grand suite on the Voyager of the Seas for a South Pacific cruise in Feb 2018, we are departing and returning to Sydney and I would love to hear from members of this forum that are Australian residents and have previously sailed in a Grand Suite.

Many of the benefits listed on the RCI website are only for Oasis and Quantum class ships so I would love to know what benefits are given to Australian customers in Grand suites.

I am not expecting to be treated like royalty, but have heard of free internet and ship tours etc, so many other sites tell you so many different things that are obviously not realistic but I hope that I can rely on this RCI dedicated forum to give only proven answers from experienced travellers.. ( keep in mind that we are sailing from Australia and are in a grand Suite on Voyager) Thank you 

Peter

Poiter.   Below is an extract of the email from the Concierge before we board the Radiance of the Seas (Grand Suite), next week.  The Radiance is repositioning from Aussie itineraries to Alaskan itineraries.   I think benefits would be similar.  I did ask questions based on the info below and they were quickly answered.

R,

Bob

---- Xxxxx -----

It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Radiance of the Seas®. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

My name is xxxx cccccccb bbbb, your Concierge onboard. I am here to assist you with any requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation and I am available daily in the Concierge Club lounge
from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.  

As a special Suite Guest you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the Radiance of the Seas.  For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

·        Especial Lunch on boarding day at the Cascade Dining Room from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm.

- Use of the Concierge Club located on Deck 13, mid ship.

- Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 am
Full breakfast will be served in Chop's Grille, Deck 6, following the dining room opening hours schedule posted in the Cruise Compass every day. This breakfast is for 1 hour and half only.
Hors d' oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup (Wine and spirits) served in the lounge every evening from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
Daily snacks served in the Concierge Club around 12:00 noon.
Dinner Menu displayed daily and pre-ordering of your dinner wine.
Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants (Chef's Table, Chops Grille!, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi, Samba Grill).
Assistance with booking Shore Excursions! and Spa appointments.
Private Bridge Tours. Please see your Concierge to book by Day 2, as deadline is set at 6:00 pm.
Reserved VIP Area for evening shows at the Aurora Theater on Deck 6 starboard side (right side).  No reservations needed.
Complimentary pressing service on the first Formal Night only (One set per guest).
Please refer to the Blue Binder in your suite for any information regarding the lounge services.  Kindly ask your Concierge for any type of accessibility, benefits, services or general information you may need.

Peter,

They initiated the first email.  Typically, one week prior to your sail date.  I think you can reach out before that.  Matt, this blog site administer, has posted about reaching out to your ship Concierge, i do not recall the details. 

I got a personal response within 2hrs, addressing non-suite family members (diamond members) cruising with us and internet service.

R,

Bob

3 hours ago, EmersonNZ said:

This is great Bob_KY. We are in a Grand Suite on Voyager out of Sydney in December and we were wondering about the suite benefits. 

I was given the party line about cruising and being linked with non-suite family members (both are Diamond level C&A members). We can't include them on tours and other benefits.  I understand but wanted to verify.  The complimentary internet as a suite benefit is only associated with the Oasis and Quantum Class Ships.

3 hours ago, islandgrandma said:

Poider, the Concierge on the Radiance is fantastic!  He is friendly, responsive, listens and a lot of fun. Enjoy your cruise 

Thanks.  I thought he was very responsive too.  We look forward to meeting  Juan next week on the Radiance.

The suite lounge on Voyager and Explorer were quite small compared to Radiance. VOS and EOS were always busy and it was more difficult to find seats than on Radiance. The lounge on Radiance was much larger and had sea views with an outside area to use if the weather was nice.

5 hours ago, F1guynz said:

The suite lounge on Voyager and Explorer were quite small compared to Radiance. VOS and EOS were always busy and it was more difficult to find seats than on Radiance. The lounge on Radiance was much larger and had sea views with an outside area to use if the weather was nice.

Thank you.  Great feedback.

17 hours ago, poider said:

Did you get double Crown and Anchor points for a grand suite?

Peter,

You get double C&A points for a grand suite.  The "doubling" starts at junior suite level, but that level you are not afforded all the suite amenities.  

My wife and i set sail in 5 days - i will give an update about our first time in a grand suite.  We are so ready...  luggage packed and weighed.  Our favorite wines sealed, and my back pack - almost there.

R,

Bob