all access ship tour

need2cruz

I just noticed that this became available for my Wonder cruise in a couple of weeks.  I was reading the description and it says that a KN95 mask must be worn.  Has anyone done the ship tour in the last few months?  I don't want to do the tour if we have to wear a KN95 mask.  I was hoping this might be an outdated description.

27 minutes ago, need2cruz said:

I just noticed that this became available for my Wonder cruise in a couple of weeks.  I was reading the description and it says that a KN95 mask must be worn.  Has anyone done the ship tour in the last few months?  I don't want to do the tour if we have to wear a KN95 mask.  I was hoping this might be an outdated description.

KN95 mask was required at all times on the tour on Ovation back in November

I wonder if the disparity in mask wearing is because Ovation is down in the South Pacific?  Wonder is sailing out of Orlando.  They haven't worn masks out of Florida since February.  Anyone done the tour on Wonder?  I would call Royal, but we all know their phone reps don't have a clue!

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

what is your experience? Was it worth booking this tour? 🤔

I have the impression the price for this tour has increased significantly. On the Symphony they now want $158 for it, which is already 20% off pre-cruise. So normally this costs around $200. I think this is pretty expensive for a tour that only goes for 2 hours. 🤨
What do you guys think?

And are you actually allowed to bring a camera?

Thank you.

44 minutes ago, Mr.Cruiser said:

Hi all,

what is your experience? Was it worth booking this tour? 🤔

I have the impression the price for this tour has increased significantly. On the Symphony they now want $158 for it, which is already 20% off pre-cruise. So normally this costs around $200. I think this is pretty expensive for a tour that only goes for 2 hours. 🤨
What do you guys think?

And are you actually allowed to bring a camera?

Thank you.

We also booked the tour on Wonder this upcoming OCT... I have always wanted to do this tour (missed the pre-Covid days when it was $99 on sale!).

Masks/PPE not necessarily required, but they put the disclaimer "if and when provided" I guess for flexibility.

Photos and video "may" be restricted in certain areas of the ship.

image.thumb.png.aa17d3c140548f4a5cb1efa3dce03ea1.png

Our experience on Jewel last year with photography was this:

2 crew from shore excursions were our guides. The rules were everyone stays together, still photos were permitted without restriction, and NO video anywhere we were taken to visit. 

Got some great stills of the bridge, coaxed my wife to stand at the starboard wing pedestal on the glass floor panels for a photo, followed by a crew member taking one of us together. That is a long way down when the ship is underway.............😲

41 minutes ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

2 crew from shore excursions were our guides. The rules were everyone stays together, still photos were permitted without restriction, and NO video anywhere we were taken to visit. 

Got some great stills of the bridge, coaxed my wife to stand at the starboard wing pedestal on the glass floor panels for a photo, followed by a crew member taking one of us together. That is a long way down when the ship is underway.............😲

Glad you're able to do that!  Really hope we're able to do it on Voyager this week! 

Also, it's probably a long way down when then ship isn't underway as well! 😄

2 hours ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

Thank you! At least this means you are allowed to bring cameras and can make photos not just from your smartphone. 🙃

Was it worth the price to you?

I‘d be interested most in the bridge of course, the other areas not so much. So I don‘t know if it‘s worth the price … 

Anyone knows if the all access tours are less expensive on smaller ships or is the price the same as on Oasis class? 

Entirely subjective of course, but since we're new at this my answer is  an unqualified YES!  Sea day, kinda captive audience anyway. No Deluxe Beverage Package, so maybe the money saved on a la' carte 'hydration' offset the cost. Would loved to have seen all the below deck activities but I get that's not possible. The tour gave us a lot of insight to the 'how in hell do they do this??", and a much greater appreciation of the crew, seen and unseen that made our 8 days so enjoyable. Our collective curiosity satisfied, probably wouldn't do it again; just a matter of scale from across  the vessel classes.  In the end, some of the better excursion money spent. 👍

PS: The billed length of the tour was approximately one hour forty five minutes. It lasted close to 3 hours.

Our tour on Wonder was 3 full hours.  Yes, it was worth the money.  I didn't realize it included behind the scenes at the theater, too.  I regretted not taking more pictures in the kitchen.  Seeing the 3000 shrimp cocktails they start making at 9am.  Seeing how clean everything is and hearing how strict all the food safety standards are.  It all made our last couple meals more meaningful.  But you feel like a VIP the whole 3 hours.  We were so happy we did it.

We're on Radiance in July for an Alaska cruise.  The all access tour never did show in our CP.  Several members of our group would like to take this.  Should we ask at Guest Services when we board?   The only tour that showed up for us what the sip.tour.brunch.  I've kept looking for the all access one but it never showed. 

All access tour;

These were sold out or not available at any rate the entire time I looked. This weekend I logged in and lone behold it was offered on Sea day 3 and Sea day 7 during our Wonder sailing 6/25! The availability was at a price I felt fair for the offering. I booked it for myself and kiddo as hubby wants to chill.*

*Code for sit in the Solarium and be the "vintage magnet" Lol! 

While I booked day 7 my cruise planner scheduled the two of us day 3. No worries though I'm still going, I'm looking forward to this experience. The one time we booked Star it was offered and then taken away tethered to the changes after the shutdown. I think the education alone will ensure I appreciate my sailings even more!