Check-in times on Adventure of the Seas

Sorry if this has already been covered 😠but can someone kindly advise if we are able to check-in earlier than the allocated 3:15 slot; which has some what annoyed me, by the way they have allocated the times, with a clear "commoners on last approach" 😡. 3:15 check which allows 1 hour 15 minutes to board, get to the room (if it's ready), then go to the Windjammer for a bite to eat and then on deck for the setting sail.

Sorry if this has already been covered but can someone kindly advise if we are able to check-in earlier than the allocated 3:15 slot; which has some what annoyed me, by the way they have allocated the times, with a clear "commoners on last approach" . 3:15 check which allows 1 hour 15 minutes to board, get to the room (if it's ready), then go to the Windjammer for a bite to eat and then on deck for the setting sail.

You can definatley go before the time slot they tell you. I always get there around 12 because I like to have lunch. They just try to give time slots hoping some people will listen so it will not be to crowded at certain times but you can go at anytime. They usually start boarding from 11:00 AM on. Hope that helps. 

• 1 month later...

I noticed a lot of the replies state that you can board the ship as early as noon. Is this still true considering the 8:30 pm departure time on my sailing?

On the Navigator out of Galveston departure was at 4:30 iirc and even with an hour line to get to the RCCL portion of check in we were on by 11:15am. The ship was scheduled to arrive in port at 7am. I would use when your ship is scheduled to be back in port that morning as a guideline as it seems about 4 hours is a good turnaround time provided no misc. circumstances are in play. Both cruises I've been on have held pretty true to this.

Sorry if this has already been covered but can someone kindly advise if we are able to check-in earlier than the allocated 3:15 slot; which has some what annoyed me, by the way they have allocated the times, with a clear "commoners on last approach" . 3:15 check which allows 1 hour 15 minutes to board, get to the room (if it's ready), then go to the Windjammer for a bite to eat and then on deck for the setting sail.

The times we've sailed out of San Juan on Adventure it left port at 8:30pm (not 4:30pm).  In fact I was online doing some "dream bookings" today and the Nov 21st sailing does leave at 8:30pm.  They leave late to due the distance from the mainland - it takes people longer to fly there - and the first stop is typically St. Thomas which you can practically throw a rock to from Puerto Rico. No need to leave SJU real early.

I noticed a lot of the replies state that you can board the ship as early as noon. Is this still true considering the 8:30 pm departure time on my sailing? 

Yep.  As soon as the previous passengers have cleared and customs knows the ship is empty, they then allow people to start boarding.

As others said, yes.  I was on Jewel of the Seas and she left around 8pm but we got onboard by 11am.  Sooner you get onboard, sooner your vacation begins!