Wonder if "Voices" is kid friendly?

NoobCruise

We are excited to have booked all our entertainment for for our upcoming Wonder of the Seas cruise in about 45 days. I think I remember watching a Ben and David video about the show "Voices" and they kind of panned the show for being a little tone deaf. All of that aside is this appropreaite for a 5 year old to watch. I think they mentioned not liking stock footage of famon or droughts. I certainly don't want to shelter my child but I also don't want to have to explain why I sat him down to watch the news on a cruise vacation.

We saw Voices on the inaugural cruise and it was excellent! It was a combination of amazing live and video recorded voices, all singing a cappella. There were some quotations from historical figures and some other photos and video projected behind the singers, with a theme of “dreamers”.  I thought it was very well done. With a 5 year old I suggest sitting as close to the front as possible to be immersed in the show so it will hold their attention better. 

We watched and enjoyed all of the production shows in the Royal Theater (Effectors II, Voices, Tap Factory) both times we sailed on Wonder last year. I would just add that in our experience, if you want to be in the front couple of rows, you do need to get there pretty early. We were always surprised that people came in a few minutes before showtime and seemed to be upset that the front rows were full when many in the audience had already been seated for 20 minutes or longer. 

There is plenty for a 5 year old to watch on stage in Voices that he probably would not even have a chance to notice the video backdrop.