Won Royal Up

bluer101

Just wanted to share that we won a pretty good deal with our upcoming cruise on Odyssey of the Seas. We originally booked over 100 days out for a GTY interior at $634 PP for 3 of us. So when I received the email and opportunity to bid we decided to take a shot. So we bid on a balcony and large balcony. We ended up getting a large balcony today 32 days out. After the bid we are paying $800 plus taxes and gratuities for a large balcony. Not bad considering a large balcony right now is $2200 PP and the cheapest since we booked was $1500 PP.

I'll tag onto this post with a question.

We also just won a bid.  $60 to go from an ocean view on Mariner to a Spacious Panaramic Ocean View.

New invoice came via email, but the cruise planner still has the old luggage tags.  Will we get new luggage tags?  Sailing in 12 days.

1 hour ago, PL8SWPR said:

We also just won a bid.  $60 to go from an ocean view on Mariner to a Spacious Panaramic Ocean View.

New invoice came via email, but the cruise planner still has the old luggage tags.  Will we get new luggage tags?  Sailing in 12 days.

Mine update right away after I won last week. But it should only take a couple of days at the most.

2 hours ago, PL8SWPR said:

I don’t know about that. We still have not gotten our documents yet as we are still 30 days out. 

When we won the Royal Up ability to pay a little more for a nice upgrade game 48 hours out my tags did not update right away. I sent a message to Royal on their Twitter messaging and requested new luggage tags & the girl responded with I just did this for you, give it a few minutes. I had the new luggage tags in my account probably an hour later. Have a great sailing!

16 hours ago, PL8SWPR said:

I had this problem on a Royal up I won several years back, I called RC and they emailed me the correct ones to print. This was about 14 days out. I did keep checking Cruise planner any way and they appeared there about 3 days out. 

Congrats don't want to rain on parade but we 'won' an upgrade on Brilliance of the seas to a balcony above the piano bar. The piano bar singer was awful. 

Some nights we had early starts but really couldn't sleep until after he'd finished lol.

Most people wouldn't be affected by this but sadly I'm one of them that once I hear something I hear it and can't drown it out. 

Anyway I can't imagine a spacious balcony will be above any pubs or bars. 

You'll love Odyssey it was my favourite ship by a distance.