xSAILEDx Allure of the Seas - Apr 9, 2023 - Apr 16, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise)

Nick560

Afternoon everyone! The wife and I will be sailing on Allure Apr 9th through the 16th and are curious what people's recommendations are regarding excursions.

Let's get a roll call going and let everyone know what your plans are for the port days. We are curious what the popular excursions are and what people usually do.

We have no clue what to expect, any information will be greatly appreciated!

The wife has never been on a cruise, and I have only been on 1 Disney cruise back in 2010. We are BEYOND excited!

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Costa Maya we always catch a cab to the Krazy Lobster!  Great food, drinks, beautiful beach. Quick $4/person cab ride. In Honduras, we like to go zip lining and the Sloths/Monkeys are always fun as well! In Cozumel the dolphin experience is a blast. We’ve also done the Xplor excursion (it’s an adventure park). It is hands down our favorite excursion of all time. However, ONLY book through the cruise because you have to take the ferry to the mainland and if you were late coming back you would be absolutely screwed if you book independently. 

On 1/30/2023 at 10:18 AM, Lalford said:

Costa Maya we always catch a cab to the Krazy Lobster!  Great food, drinks, beautiful beach. Quick $4/person cab ride. In Honduras, we like to go zip lining and the Sloths/Monkeys are always fun as well! In Cozumel the dolphin experience is a blast. We’ve also done the Xplor excursion (it’s an adventure park). It is hands down our favorite excursion of all time. However, ONLY book through the cruise because you have to take the ferry to the mainland and if you were late coming back you would be absolutely screwed if you book independently. 

So far, we booked Gumbalimba Park in Honduras because the sloth excursion was sold out already. Hoping there are some sloths we can see at that location. The website showed a picture of one lmao

We will have to check out Krazy Lobster, i've never heard of it before. It sounds awesome! We have no plans for Cozumel yet, not sure if we want to do a relaxing beach day or go exploring.

Thank you for all your recommendations! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!!

getting super excited 😆

We booked customizable private tours in both Roatan and Cozumel through trip advisor. The tour operators seem super willing to listen to our likes and interests but also we’re full of suggestions. We are a group of 4 adults and 2 toddlers. We’ve been to both Cozumel and Roatan before and LOVED Roatan so much!! What a beautiful island. We’re hoping to see the monkeys and sloths this time at Daniel Johnson’s have some beach and snorkeling time in a less crowded area, of course eat fabulous local cuisine and go zip lining! We zip lined there on our last trip in 2016 and it was by far the best zip lining I had ever done! In Costa Maya we have a golf cart rented with the red shirts golf carts! (I can’t remember the official name) we will just travel at our leisure, hopping from beach area to restaurant, to shopping. Not sure what we’ll do in Cozumel? Whatever the tour guide suggests I guess! 

Wife and I will be on this Cruise with my stepson and a friend.  We have been to these ports many times.  Last time we were in Roatan, we got a taxi to take us to the WEST END to ole seaside village where I went diving years ago in the 1970's.  In Puerto Costa Maya we went on private tour to MAYA CHAN beach resort.  Loved this place.  Not the best beach and the sea grass was bad when we were there but what a relaxing time and the lunch is to die for.   In Cozumel we alway do the same thing after all these years.  We take taxi into San Miquel to a place on MAR Y JUANA restaurant/bar.  We alway have the fish taco's and Mojito's while overlooking shoreline.

We were able to check in as well. Got the 11 am check in time. Now if only we could enter a sleep coma for 40 more days lol. Do you all usually go off on your own or do you use the Royal Caribbean excursions? I get worried about the thought of taking a cab somewhere and getting stuck in another country.

Now that we are getting closer to embarkation day, the nerves are getting strong. We have absolutely no clue what to expect. I feel like you can watch all the videos in the world but stepping foot on the ship will be a whole new ball game.

I appreciate everyone responses, it's good to see what others enjoy doing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh and a couple of questions for anyone that’s been on this ship-

1) what type of breakfast food does the solarium bistro have?

2) does both Park Cafe  AND Cafe Promenade have specialty coffee?

3) where can I get self serve ice besides Wipeout Cafe?

4) I have the refreshments package, can I get a glass of Diet Coke (or any other kind of pop for that matter) from a bar? Or am I limited to using the freestyle machines? 

Hi all! We are sailing on April 9 on Allure. I have two rooms on different decks. One room is attached to a connecting room (on a lower deck) and the other is not. I want to reach out to the travelers and offer them a higher deck to swap with the room connecting to my children. Royal won't reach out to them, how can I ultimately strange a swap with them?  My kids are teens and still be okay to but for piece of mind, I'd prefer them next to me. 

Please help! 

David (davidlevine08 at gmail '.' com)

On 4/2/2023 at 5:25 PM, bronxwarrior said:

Hi all! We are sailing on April 9 on Allure. I have two rooms on different decks. One room is attached to a connecting room (on a lower deck) and the other is not. I want to reach out to the travelers and offer them a higher deck to swap with the room connecting to my children. Royal won't reach out to them, how can I ultimately strange a swap with them?  My kids are teens and still be okay to but for piece of mind, I'd prefer them next to me. 

Please help! 

David (davidlevine08 at gmail '.' com)

You would have to ask them, but would run into a lot of problems with sea pass cards / charges, etc.  

On 4/2/2023 at 9:50 AM, Justme 2 said:

Oh and a couple of questions for anyone that’s been on this ship-

1) what type of breakfast food does the solarium bistro have? It's a mini Windjammer, same foods - way less people.  shhhh 

2) does both Park Cafe  AND Cafe Promenade have specialty coffee? Park Cafe no, CP yes.

3) where can I get self serve ice besides Wipeout Cafe? They usually have some around pool decks.

4) I have the refreshments package, can I get a glass of Diet Coke (or any other kind of pop for that matter) from a bar? Or am I limited to using the freestyle machines? Yup! Just flash them sea pass card and you can get any soda's without cup, sometimes they hand you the can. 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Allure of the Seas - Apr 9, 2023 - Apr 16, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise)