Adventure of the Seas Refurbishment Q1 2018

The carpet is the same as we had in our 1 BR ATS on Allure a few years back.  They must have a TON of it in the warehouse !!

Do you have an aft JS ?  I thought I could see the aft support structural steel off your balcony.  That's my ONLY complaint about the aft balconies on the NAV and Freedom classes.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise !!

16 minutes ago, ericaofamerica said:

Thanks for sharing these pictures! The room looks amazing. 

Does anyone know if all the staterooms were being refurbished?  I guess it would seem silly if they only upgraded a few cabins, but ya never know! 

I’ve heard from other passengers on board that not all rooms were redone.  Can’t get a handle on which ones “made the cut.”

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The carpet is the same as we had in our 1 BR ATS on Allure a few years back.  They must have a TON of it in the warehouse !!

Do you have an aft JS ?  I thought I could see the aft support structural steel off your balcony.  That's my ONLY complaint about the aft balconies on the NAV and Freedom classes.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise !!

Thank you!  Yes we have a full aft JS.  We love them with or without the structure.  ?

1 hour ago, Beyond Vertical said:

The original release referred  to only the Suites receiving updates.

Do the pool loungers look new?

Why??? Why wouldn't they replace all carpet and update all rooms? 20 year old decor and carpet? I totally thought all the rooms were being done. So now I am going to scramble to book that pano room. 

I hope there is a mistake in the dates I have read here for relocation I have a cruise booked on her for NOV 24 2018 for eight days southern not 2019 I better check it says from ft Lauderdale I was told she will be doing the north east and Canada for the summer and returning to Ft Lauderdale her home port just before my cruise

3 hours ago, henrysea13 said:

I hope there is a mistake in the dates I have read here for relocation I have a cruise booked on her for NOV 24 2018 for eight days southern not 2019 I better check it says from ft Lauderdale I was told she will be doing the north east and Canada for the summer and returning to Ft Lauderdale her home port just before my cruise

It's the same itinerary as my December 8th cruise. 8 night Eastern from Fort Lauderdale, ports of call Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts. Can't wait!! 

4 hours ago, ericaofamerica said:

I sent a DM to RC on twitter and asked for more info on the refurb and asked if all rooms were updated and they simply said that they are still gathering information and that the Adventure of the Seas would have more upgrades throughout the year 

Doesn't suprise me. If you go look at Deck Plans via the main website it shows a current deck plan after May 4, 2018

16 hours ago, bcarney said:

You have got to be kidding me.  Some of the room still have that coral pink and seafoam aqua from c. 2001 in them?  Awful.

39 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

They were in sad shape back in 2016 when we did the post drydock cruise, I can only imagine how worn out those rooms must be now.

We have an interior promenade room - I'll get some pictures on embarkation day and see what (if anything) has been updated on 2/24.

I booked a spacious Oceanview over a Panoramic room because I thought they were all getting refurbished and I thought the extra square footage in the spacious would be worth it. Now I wish I had gone with the Panoramic. I do think I have seen the promenade pic with the new bedding and sofa in it. I can't remember where I saw it now. Maybe cruise critics. 

17 hours ago, bcarney said:

You have got to be kidding me.  Some of the room still have that coral pink and seafoam aqua from c. 2001 in them?  Awful.

From what I can see, walking through the hallways and “sneak peeking” in rooms, they all look upgraded.  I haven’t seen any that aren’t, but have heard passengers saying that not everyone’s room has the new decor.  It does seem like the majority received some type of upgrade though.

43 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

YES! I JUST found those a little while ago - I thought they looked pretty nice!

I posted those actually to Cruise Critic (same username but with an underscore) yesterday morning as I happened to spot them on a Facebook group I belong to. We have a few members onboard right now and have been providing us with updates on the ship :) 

53 minutes ago, wrh2016 said:

From what I can see, walking through the hallways and “sneak peeking” in rooms, they all look upgraded.  I haven’t seen any that aren’t, but have heard passengers saying that not everyone’s room has the new decor.  It does seem like the majority received some type of upgrade though.

I have yet to see photos of my prison cell studio interior stateroom onboard Adventure and it's driving me crazy LOL. However, considering that these rooms were only added in the '16 drydock, I doubt that they required an upgrade :P

3 minutes ago, accio7 said:

I posted those actually to Cruise Critic (same username but with an underscore) yesterday morning as I happened to spot them on a Facebook group I belong to. We have a few members onboard right now and have been providing us with updates on the ship :) 

Oh, awesome! Thanks so much for sharing! :) 

6 minutes ago, accio7 said:

I had wondered if that was you :12_slight_smile: