Labadee Beach Bungalows

Indy Glenn

Haven't rented one, but I can answer the question about location. According to this article on the site, the bungalows are on Columbus Cove beach, which is close to Nellie's Beach (where the cabanas are located) and also the aqua park and other activities.

IIRC, Matt has said (in his opinion) the Cabanas are a better value as they're not that much more than the bungalows and give a bit more for your dollar (personal attendant, private entry to the water, golf cart transport to anywhere on Labadee, etc). I personally have rented an on-the-water cabana for our trip next year, as Labadee is our last port and we wanted to Go out with a bang. ?

20 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Haven't rented one, but I can answer the question about location. According to this article on the site, the bungalows are on Columbus Cove beach, which is close to Nellie's Beach (where the cabanas are located) and also the aqua park and other activities.

IIRC, Matt has said (in his opinion) the Cabanas are a better value as they're not that much more than the bungalows and give a bit more for your dollar (personal attendant, private entry to the water, golf cart transport to anywhere on Labadee, etc). I personally have rented an on-the-water cabana for our trip next year, as Labadee is our last port and we wanted to Go out with a bang. ?

Thanks for the info JL, it is appreciated.

We have had an Over The Water cabana on Barefoot when they were brand new - - that was 2010, I think about $210.

We are in a JS for our next cruise so Barefoot Beach is not in the cards. We loved the cabana but are looking for shade more than anything else. The Bungalow is $250, an Over The Water cabana on Nellie's is $495, beach level is $395.

Your post made me go back and look at the actual description of the bungalow on the RCCL web site. It not only had the location but the following: 

"Everything you need is included: floating beach mats, stocked water cooler, beach towels and the personalized service of a Cabana Attendant on hand to bring you beverages." "Please note that pricing is per bungalow, not per person."

Again thanks - - I shouldn't have been so lazy and do a little more due diligence.

g

31 minutes ago, Indy Glenn said:

The Bungalow is $250, an Over The Water cabana on Nellie's is $495, beach level is $395.

I was going to reply that those prices may have gone down a lot (or it varies by ship and sailing); but I just checked on the Cruise Planner, and while the bungalow is $225 instead of $250, the cabana is indeed $495.

Which is bizarre, because when I made my rental booking on Feb 11 (I see that in the Cruise Planner page, I rented the cabana and also bought four all-day passes to the Dragon's Tail coaster, and the whole thing was $398.75. I must have gotten some unpublished discount or early-bird rate, because there was absolutely nothing displayed on the site that day. I'm pretty sure the cabana was only $299 and the coaster tix were $24.95 each (vs current price of $35.75). That just about works out as far as the total I paid, but would mean I got something like a 40% discount on the cabana (???) and a 30% discount on the coaster!

I'm certainly not complaining! Just wish I could have told you the prices truly dropped and given you a reason to reconsider getting the cabana instead of the bungalow!

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I was going to reply that those prices may have gone down a lot (or it varies by ship and sailing); but I just checked on the Cruise Planner, and while the bungalow is $225 instead of $250, the cabana is indeed $495.

Which is bizarre, because when I made my rental booking on Feb 11 (I see that in the Cruise Planner page, I rented the cabana and also bought four all-day passes to the Dragon's Tail coaster, and the whole thing was $398.75. I must have gotten some unpublished discount or early-bird rate, because there was absolutely nothing displayed on the site that day. I'm pretty sure the cabana was only $299 and the coaster tix were $24.95 each (vs current price of $35.75). That just about works out as far as the total I paid, but would mean I got something like a 40% discount on the cabana (???) and a 30% discount on the coaster!

I'm certainly not complaining! Just wish I could have told you the prices truly dropped and given you a reason to reconsider getting the cabana instead of the bungalow!

Again thanks Joe.......

One thing I have learned as a loyal Royal cruiser is RCCL will ask whatever it thinks people will pay.

I know the newer ships are more expensive, Oasis is no longer new but has a large population of pax. 

I have never purchased a beverage package until this upcoming cruise, it was discounted, then discounted again - I had cancel the first reservation and rebook it.....?????? Go figure.

As a cruise gets closer, sometimes prices drop. they use to give you lower stateroom prices back in the day as the price dropped - now I believe they only will honor a lower price within 60 days of booking......

But you probably this already.

I am glad I got to cruise back in the days when cruising was all inclusive, less alcohol.

Oh well...........I'll keep an eye out and the porch light on!  LOL

Take care!

g