Heart and Watchlist is active

Ampurp85

3 hours ago, jp1 said:

Is there a way to watchlist sold out excursions?  It doesn't appear so on the website.

Excursions are in cruise planner and not the Royal website. I have no idea if they plan to make this change, but the cruise planner is a whole other independent beast. In regard to that you have to be diligent on watching things in cruise planner.

It has already been such a time saver.  just log in, pop over to the watchlisted cruises and can see the base fare across all 4 categories for up to 5 sailings.

Don't know if there will be any kind of alert system to a price change - it'd be nice if there was - but I'll at least take that I no longer have to hit all the buttons to mock book.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Huh. Just tried again. I'm logged in to my account, but when I try to remove a sailing, on the last place I need to click, I get the red message, "Unable to remove. Please try again." This is totally not worth spending time on hold, so hopefully it is just a glitch and will resolve itself soon!

Tried again this time and was able to delete a sailing from watchlist. Still got the red message the first time, but decided to try again immediately as the message said and the second time it worked. Strange that it doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else. I still can't remove from favorites. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 9:05 AM, smokeybandit said:

Looks like watchlist items automatically roll off your list after a certain time 

I was wondering why my watch just vanished! Seems like a bit of a crazy thing...what if you forget what you were watching cuz you have the full list of 5 and then can't re-add them....

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 9:33 PM, Angel Mann said:

I am unable to add anything to my watchlist or heart list. I'm signed in. Grr. 

I added five cruises to my watch list last week, deleted them, and now when I try to add one it tells me I already have five saved and to clean up my list. 🤣

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I added five cruises to my watch list last week, deleted them, and now when I try to add one it tells me I already have five saved and to clean up my list. 🤣

Yep! This is my current malfunction as well... I'm able to delete after a while of not being able to, but it just doesn't recognize that I deleted them!

• 3 months later...
Just now, smokeybandit said:

I just got an email that a cruise on my watchlist dropped in fare. Though when I go back to my watchlist, looks like that fare increased

I've had cruises on my watchlist for months and never got an e-mail (not sure I even want them). Maybe a new feature?

• 2 weeks later...

these features are not available on RC UK site! 

However you can log in to UK site then switch to US site, this gives you access to these features allowing you to watch cruises and receive emails if price changes.

30 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I got an email that said hurry up and book because your cruise price has risen. 

I am only watching cruises I have booked, and the prices have become insane.

Not surprisingly, I don't get e-mails about my watchlist, lol. I'm only watching my booked cruises as well so not a big deal.

Comparing my TA group rates to the online price isn't apples to apples but insane might be an understatement.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I got an email that said hurry up and book because your cruise price has risen. 

I am only watching cruises I have booked, and the prices have become insane.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Comparing my TA group rates to the online price isn't apples to apples but insane might be an understatement.

My spring break 2024 cruise for 4 people is now $3000 MORE than what I paid a few months ago with my TA. Also I got refundable rates and the $3000 more is for non-refundable (also worse cabins IMO).

8 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

My spring break 2024 cruise for 4 people is now $3000 MORE than what I paid a few months ago with my TA. Also I got refundable rates and the $3000 more is for non-refundable (also worse cabins IMO).

Mine is about $2250 more for 2 people if comparing it to the NRD choosing my own cabin on the RC site. I didn't even pay $2250 for my cruise. Like you, didn't book it all that long ago either... mid-May.

Current prices are nuts.

This has me wondering if i will be able to afford to cruise in the near future.  While I have 5 cruises locked in at the affordable rates, I’m afraid these may be it for me. Not to mention 2 of them are solo cruise.  
I just jumped back on the cruise wagon and now I’m being thrown off.

I’m keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that prices will drop,again.  Maybe I will try and cross my ears too.

15 minutes ago, Gilley said:

I’m keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that prices will drop,again.  Maybe I will try and cross my ears too.

I wouldn't count on prices dropping but there are still ways to save money. Book the aforementioned TA group rates, book as soon as new sailings are released in NOV/DEC, keep an eye on the GGG sale if you're flexible and can sale on fairly short notice, etc.

It's definitely not like it used to be but don't give up hope!

40 minutes ago, Cakemeister said:

Are prices going up on other cruise lines? Asking for a friend.

Yes. I have a coworker who cruise Carnival and he has been complaining nonstop these past weeks. He was used to booking really good suites at about $270 or less a night. He says they are now $350+ a night on older ships.

6 hours ago, Ray said:

these features are not available on RC UK site! 

However you can log in to UK site then switch to US site, this gives you access to these features allowing you to watch cruises and receive emails if price changes.

The same thing is happening with the RC Canadian site. That's why i never noticed this feature before.