Dining on Night 1: MDR or Chops?

chiboo9

My husband and I are going on our very first cruise ever to celebrate our 5 yr anniversary in September. We'll be on the 3 night itinerary on Enchantment of the Seas. Day 1/Night 1 is our actual anniversary - is it a good idea to dine (and splurge a bit) at Chops or should we dine in MDR?

Thanks, all! I wasn't sure if MDR would be a better option since it's Day/Night 1 and it's our first cruise and I've heard dining in MDR on first night is best to get a feel of the dining service. But since it's our anniversary and we're only there 3 short nights, I'm aiming for as special as possible. Hahah.

Also, I think I've read somewhere that if you opt for specialty restaurant on embarkation day, there's a discount? Is that true? Where do I look into this discount?

8 hours ago, DocLC said:

I would splurge and prebook Chops. 

Another vote for Chops, since the first night is actually your anniversary. We are eating in the MDR for our anniversary during our cruise because it falls on the fifth night of the cruise which is also formal/lobster night, but will be dining in Chops another night during our cruise.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, DocLC said:

@chiboo9 There's usually a 20% discount. I'm not sure if it shows up online or not, but the will refund the difference if you paid the full price and then it is discounted onboard. 

I purchased and made our reservation without the 20% discount. I called afterwards asking about it and they said it's not applicable. Hhhmm.

17 hours ago, fmanke said:

Are they offering the ultimate plan for your cruise?

Not sure if this question was for me. But the option doesn't show on Cruise planner for me. So probably not? Probably a good thing because Chops for 3 nights in a row for $75/person is not a horrible price and I'd be tempted to get it for us.