C&A point total

Mike n Ky

51 minutes ago, Mike n Ky said:

Does anyone know why my point total (shown on my login page) is one point higher than the total on my past cruises? Do you get a single point just for signing up?

If you have old cruises before conversion to current system, they may have performed an edit and adjustment.  That happened to us once - we lost a point.  

12 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

If you have old cruises before conversion to current system, they may have performed an edit/adjustment.  That happened to us once - we lost a point.  

First RC cruise was 12/2009 completed January 2010...previously on Carnival...so not sure about the conversion date you mention. I do know that the tally from past cruises is 1 point less than what is showing. The only reason it matters is we are close to D+ with our already booked cruises for 2023.

20 minutes ago, Mike n Ky said:

First RC cruise was 12/2009 completed January 2010...previously on Carnival...so not sure about the conversion date you mention. I do know that the tally from past cruises is 1 point less than what is showing. The only reason it matters is we are close to D+ with our already booked cruises for 2023.

Yes, your first cruise was probably the old system.  On our 2004, 2006, and 2009 cruises we received just 1 point each towards the new system.  Our 2011 cruise was 1 point per night.  You can always contact CAS and ask for a review.  You can check the points awarded under past cruises and see if something changed recently.  (Maybe a 2 to a 1, if you remember what you had before?)

That happed to my son's account.  It was a placeholder for his old cruise.  They give it one point to hold it on the system then gave him the 7 points.  I was told by C&A that this was a work-around on the computer system they found.  When I look on the RC Website at past cruises it shows 7 points for one cruise and 1 point for the old cruise.  But his total is 15.

I am going to check at the C&A desk when we are on board next week. The reason this came up was because of a phone call, the rep on the phone showed one point less than I see on my login. The explanation above from CGTLH about the conversion makes sense. What it would mean is an 8 day puts me at D+ if the number I am seeing is correct but that is only with that '1' point. Thanks to everyone for sharing!!