5 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

Computer Programmer get $2.00

Ship Captain get $2.00

Hotel Director get $1.50

Room Stuwart get $3.00

Head Waiter get $1.50

Main Waiter gets $3.00

Assistant Waiter gets $2.00

Best Looking male dancer get $1.00 (placed in the G-string)

Is this a serious answer?

If you want the real answer "Only the Computer Programmer really knows".  You can find lots of videos on the internet of ship staff stating they do not know how it is broken down.  They only know money is added to their checks from gratuities.  The money goes into an account for the ship.  Then some corporate management decides who gets part of it and how it should be broke down.  They tell a computer programmer, and that person writes some code to move each staff members percent into their paycheck.

It is not like the old days when I would put cash in an envelope and hand it to the people that get it.

16 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

If you want the real answer "Only the Computer Programmer really knows".  You can find lots of videos on the internet of ship staff stating they do not know how it is broken down.  They only know money is added to their checks from gratuities.  The money goes into an account for the ship.  Then some corporate management decides who gets part of it and how it should be broke down.  They tell a computer programmer, and that person writes some code to move each staff members percent into their paycheck.

It is not like the old days when I would put cash in an envelope and hand it to the people that get it.

Guest Services used to hand out slips of paper with the breakdown on them.  I forgot to ask for them on my recent sailings after the increase.

I still do the envelope thing.  Tip tip hooray!!!

23 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'm not getting what you mean by this.  What am I missing?

I typed a crazy long reply and had to dial it back. You have been here since 2018 and have 2970 post's. If you don't know how bringing up the subject of auto gratuities and/or there breakdown on here unleashes a pointless **** storm, I can't help you. LOL. 

IMHO Nothing black & white, 100% definitely for sure, totally provable, positive, or necessary for anyone to really know ever comes from this conversation. So why open the gates of hell. Nobody ever comes away the winner. LOL 😀

This topic is like life, nobody gets out alive. LOL. (Best line I've ever heard)

On 1/7/2023 at 7:27 AM, PG Cruiser said:

I couldn't care less.  Just needed an answer for people asking about it.  I belong to several groups on FB and this questions shows up a lot.

The proper answer to the question is “no one knows” 

As long as their is a line for “other hotel services” the breakdown is worthless. 

As of September 7th, 2022, the automatic service gratuity of $16.00 USD per person, per day for guests in non-suites staterooms, or $18.50 USD per person, per day for guests in Suites, will be applied to each guest’s SeaPass account on a daily basis. The gratuity applies to individual guests of all ages and stateroom categories. As a way to reward our crew members for their outstanding service, gratuities are shared among dining, bar & culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams who work behind the scenes to enhance the cruise experience.