What cruise ports would you like to see developed or added?

I was recently looking at Cruisemapper.com and discovered a cruise port that I knew nothing about.  RCI doesn't go to either. In fact, the only cruise line that does is American Queen Voyages.  However, that doesn't mean I can't dream!

The port is Campeche and it looks really interesting. It is located on the west side of the Yucatan pennisula, southwest of  Progresso, so it is a good location for sailing from Galveston or New Orleans. Campeche is a UNESCO site.

So what ports would you like to see developed or added to Royal's itineraries?

3 hours ago, steverk said:

The port is Campeche and it looks really interesting. It is located on the west side of the Yucatan pennisula, southwest of  Progresso, so it is a good location for sailing from Galveston or New Orleans. Campeche is a UNESCO site.

Port of Campeche can handle vessels with a maximum length of 500'. Channel depth is 15-20' and max depth at pier is 15 '

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I wish Cuba was an option again.

I agree with ships being able to sail to Cuba again. Would love to see all the old cars driving around there. But then again it would bring up the argument of Royal having to either build a new, or acquire a ship small enough to sail there again. Empress & Majesty were sold. I do believe someone high up the Royal food chain once said that they still have a ship small enough to sail to Cuba, but that would be either a Celebrity or Silversea ship.

16 hours ago, Censored said:

Cuba is the so called "forbidden fruit"  Why do you want to go and support a communist country with your travel dollars? Why?

Same way millions of people visit Arab countries!

You cant judge everyone because of a few idiots! If we did no one would visit the US due to Trump lol 

1 hour ago, teddy said:

I was bummed when Cuba no longer was an option, so that's my first answer.

My second is I wish more cruises went out of Boston.  I understand why they don't, but after cruising from there back in October, the selfish part of me really loved being able to drive to the port the day of our cruise.

Me too!!

3 hours ago, teddy said:

I was bummed when Cuba no longer was an option, so that's my first answer.

My second is I wish more cruises went out of Boston.  I understand why they don't, but after cruising from there back in October, the selfish part of me really loved being able to drive to the port the day of our cruise.

I was going to say something along these lines as well, better itineraries out of Boston and NJ…I get why they’re always the same, but wish there was a better variety 

On 1/5/2023 at 5:56 PM, Censored said:

Cuba is the so called "forbidden fruit"  Why do you want to go and support a communist country with your travel dollars? Why?

Why not?  I have had amazing trips to China, Russia, various countries in the Middle East.............their politics are of no concern to me

6 hours ago, melmar02 said:

San Francisco and up the Pacific coast. I'd book a wine cruise in a heartbeat!

Every cruise is a wine cruise if you have the right drink package! 

20 hours ago, Censored said:

Lots of countries have lots of bad or questionable politics. If you start weeding them out, you suddenly have very few places to go to. It can even be said of places like the US and Israel, as well as the Middle East, China, etc. etc. Everyone is someone's enemy. Except Namibia. Everyone likes Namibia.*

* - am from Namibia, assume everyone likes us 🙂

On 1/6/2023 at 12:46 AM, USFFrank said:

I agree with ships being able to sail to Cuba again. Would love to see all the old cars driving around there. But then again it would bring up the argument of Royal having to either build a new, or acquire a ship small enough to sail there again. Empress & Majesty were sold. I do believe someone high up the Royal food chain once said that they still have a ship small enough to sail to Cuba, but that would be either a Celebrity or Silversea ship.

Legend of the Seas is still sailing to Cuba as Marella Discovery 2 so I assume Grandeur would be able to?

On 1/5/2023 at 8:55 PM, The Cruise Junkie said:

One thing I wish Royal did is add more options for the three-night weekend cruises out of FL to other ports in the Bahamas such as Bimini or Freeport, so it is not always Nassau every cruise. 

A friend of mine and her family just went out of Tampa last week and I'm pretty sure it went to Nassau, Bimini and Grand Bahama along with PDCC...I think they were on Serenade of The Seas...

On 1/7/2023 at 4:06 AM, Mike.s said:

Legend of the Seas is still sailing to Cuba as Marella Discovery 2 so I assume Grandeur would be able to?

I had no idea they sold those ships! We were on Majesty to Cuba overnight in 2019 and had a blast! I'd go back in a heartbeat! I would also like to see some development on East Coast ports not as far south as Florida. 

On 1/6/2023 at 2:12 PM, Zacharius said:

Every cruise is a wine cruise if you have the right drink package! 

Lots of countries have lots of bad or questionable politics. If you start weeding them out, you suddenly have very few places to go to. It can even be said of places like the US and Israel, as well as the Middle East, China, etc. etc. Everyone is someone's enemy. Except Namibia. Everyone likes Namibia.*

* - am from Namibia, assume everyone likes us 🙂

I have never met anybody from Namibia but there was a time when I called Ghana home. Imagin Royal coming out of London or Holland or the Mediterranean down the west coast of Africa to Namibia. Or vice versa. If the people of Namibia are as you say that's great. I know the Ghanaians are great people. Think of all the ports in between.

13 hours ago, AandD said:

I have never met anybody from Namibia but there was a time when I called Ghana home. Imagin Royal coming out of London or Holland or the Mediterranean down the west coast of Africa to Namibia. Or vice versa. If the people of Namibia are as you say that's great. I know the Ghanaians are great people. Think of all the ports in between.

There are definitely cruises that hit places all along the west coast of Africa - Casablanca, Dakar, Banjul, Accra, Lagos, Libreville, Luanda, Walvis Bay, and of course Cape Town. They're smaller ships and I don't see a company like Royal Caribbean doing it anytime soon. But having been to all of those places, it would be a great introduction to Africa for those who are new to the region. 

On 1/7/2023 at 4:06 AM, Mike.s said:

Legend of the Seas is still sailing to Cuba as Marella Discovery 2 so I assume Grandeur would be 

From what was reported at the time, the port in Cuba was not able to take ships bigger than Sovereign class. I don't know how a Vision class ship would fit. Could they be tendering? 

2 hours ago, Zacharius said:

There are definitely cruises that hit places all along the west coast of Africa - Casablanca, Dakar, Banjul, Accra, Lagos, Libreville, Luanda, Walvis Bay, and of course Cape Town. They're smaller ships and I don't see a company like Royal Caribbean doing it anytime soon. But having been to all of those places, it would be a great introduction to Africa for those who are new to the region. 

That would be amazing! I can't see Royal doing that type of itinerary either.

NCL has some awesome itineraries in South Africa, Namibia, and Madagascar 😍

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 7:33 AM, ChessE4 said:

I would like to see departures from Charleston so we don't need to drive to PC. Even Jacksonville would be good and I 2nd Norfolk.

Hmmmmm.....

So, instead of driving 6 hours (plus the one obligatory hour at Bucees for the wife) to Port Canaveral, I can drive downtown, park, and be walking inside in 15 minutes??  Okay, so Google maps says it will take me 16 minutes, but I know I can make it faster!

Where do I sign?