Need Advice...Crown Loft suites

Just noticed the price for a CLS (L1) has dropped considerably on my Harmony sailing this August. Thinking about upgrading especially with the OBC offer right now.  Anyone out there have any experience in these suites? Is it worth it? It's just my husband and I. I know that VOOM is included but would I still need a drink pkg with the CLS? Any input would be much appreciated. 

A CLS would be amazing! Whether or not its worth it is hard to say, after all it is a treat. If the price dropped and you think you can afford it I'd say go for it, splurge, it's got to be a experience to remember. My only worry is that I'd spend all of my time in the room and not exploring the ship.

31 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

CLS is my dream cruise room, and I envy you. Absolutely go for it if it is within your budget to do so and enjoy your cruise! 

Same here.  It's not the biggest, but just seems to be a great room.  When I can afford it, I'll spend the extra for one with an ocean view (port or starboard) vs looking forward or aft.

My TA's personal opinion is experiences are better than things.

37 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

CLS is my dream cruise room, and I envy you. Absolutely go for it if it is within your budget to do so and enjoy your cruise! 

My son's, too. Every time we go on Royal, he asks if we're getting a lift suite. We instead disappoint him with a much cheaper cabin, but he gets to go twice as often, do it's a good compromise. 

7 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Just noticed the price for a CLS (L1) has dropped considerably on my Harmony sailing this August. Thinking about upgrading especially with the OBC offer right now.  Anyone out there have any experience in these suites? Is it worth it? It's just my husband and I. I know that VOOM is included but would I still need a drink pkg with the CLS? Any input would be much appreciated. 

I think like most others have said, if you can afford it, do it. A lot of people have put things off till next time. And next time never comes.

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

My son's, too. Every time we go on Royal, he asks if we're getting a lift suite. We instead disappoint him with a much cheaper cabin, but he gets to go twice as often, do it's a good compromise. 

It would be a great memory for your son, being in loft suite. But you choose to give him twice the memories. I would make the same choice.

One more thing.  When we decided to jump to a CLS, we did not do any research on suite location.  No regrets, so this is not a negative comment.  My suite balcony has wonderful views of central Park, putt putt...  advice - What do you want to see from your balcony?  

1 hour ago, Bob_KY said:

One more thing.  When we decided to jump to a CLS, we did not do any research on suite location.  No regrets, so this is not a negative comment.  My suite balcony has wonderful views of central Park, putt putt...  advice - What do you want to see from your balcony?  

Ocean

3 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

So what did you think? Was it worth it compared to the Jr. Suite? That's what we have right now....

I will have to post after the cruise.  We loved the jr suite and felt the CLS would be over the top for our anniversary. 

Just stayed in a CLS #1742 on Allure a couple weeks ago. It was fantastic!!! Loved everything about the suite, and the service and extras that we received  being a suite guest were amazing. If you can swing it, go for it!! WARNING.... you will likely be ruined for regular cabins again!! Oh and you may not leave the 17th deck very often!?

9 minutes ago, Laurac22 said:

Just stayed in a CLS #1742 on Allure a couple weeks ago. It was fantastic!!! Loved everything about the suite, and the service and extras that we received  being a suite guest were amazing. If you can swing it, go for it!! WARNING.... you will likely be ruined for regular cabins again!! Oh and you may not leave the 17th deck very often!?

I can imagine. The analogy isn't the same, but once my then 9yr old discovered Dave N Busters, there was no going back to Chuck E Cheese!

5 hours ago, Laurac22 said:

Your post will make the time until  we set sail fly by.   We are in CLS #1728 on Oasis in January. Suite category CL1 versus CL2 definitely have different views. BTW.  Royal is changing stateroom  "categories" codes.  I wanted to be smarter on the "codes" and their definitions.    I went to Crown & Anchor web site, found it, by ship and effective date.  Armed with this and a deck map - i am ready for "next cruise."  

Some posts do not rate the Coastal Kitchen very high.  What was your experience?