Vegetarian Options - Chops, Giovanni's, Izumi

brienc

I searched around, but didn't find much recent info.

We're Sailing on Brilliance next June with our kids, including my D12 who is vegetarian. I've currently booked the 3 night dining package, and we were hoping to try all three specialty options on BotS (Chops, Izumi, and Giovanni's Table).

The sample menu available on CP for Chops says at the bottom "Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegetarian options are available. Please ask your waiter." This isn't listed on the kids menu, though. The only vegetarian things listed on the Chops kids menu are a mushroom soup and a mesclun salad, which would be kind of disappointing for her while the rest of us are eating steaks. 

How strict are they with forcing kids (tweens) to order off of the kids menu? 

How have your experiences been asking for vegetarian options at the specialty restaurants? 

13 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I believe if your daughter is 12 and you purchased the package for her, she is technically paying adult prices. So, she would be allowed to order off the full menu.

I'm pretty sure we paid adult price for our 13 year old and kids price for our 12 year old. 

13 hours ago, melmar02 said:

We usually just go to specialty dining on a whim. My 10 year old orders steak and lamb off the adult menu at chops and they only charge us the kids price for him. 

Great, thank you! At least she'd be able to take advantage of the veg options on the adult menu, then. 

Izumi and Giovanni's are easy for vegetarian options. I always get tofu udon noodles at Izumi or vegetable fried rice. They are both super good! I prefer the udon noodles as it is more of a full meal.

Chops isn't the best restaurant for vegetarians, but all the sides and some appetizers are vegetarian. I would suggest getting a goat cheese salad for the main instead of for an appetizer (it's amazing) and having one of the soups (butternut squash or mushroom) for the appetizer. 

33 minutes ago, JennaRCB said:

Izumi and Giovanni's are easy for vegetarian options. I always get tofu udon noodles at Izumi or vegetable fried rice. They are both super good! I prefer the udon noodles as it is more of a full meal.

Chops isn't the best restaurant for vegetarians, but all the sides and some appetizers are vegetarian. I would suggest getting a goat cheese salad for the main instead of for an appetizer (it's amazing) and having one of the soups (butternut squash or mushroom) for the appetizer. 

Thanks, that’s super helpful! 

1 hour ago, JennaRCB said:

Yes 😄on the Goat Cheese Salad. You might ask if you could get 3 items from the Soup & Salad section since you're not having any from the Main section.  You should still be able to share the sides