Water spilling into Central Park on Harmony(?)

Royal just issued a press release, in keeping with it's perpetual cost cutting and ancillary revenue generating efforts, new in 2023 waterfall view balcony cabins will be coming to Harmony ots, they will however be assessed an upcharge.  The down side is with once a day cabin cleaning you may be a little short of towels! 

43 minutes ago, Jjohnb said:

Royal just issued a press release, in keeping with it's perpetual cost cutting and ancillary revenue generating efforts, new in 2023 waterfall view balcony cabins will be coming to Harmony ots, they will however be assessed an upcharge.  The down side is with once a day cabin cleaning you may be a little short of towels! 

it's an effort to "speed up dining" at the CP restaurants.

50 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That's quite impressive for a cruise ship to turn sharp enough to empty a pool

I can’t imagine how much movement the ship made while making the turn.  The video is showing the water.  What about people losing balance, furniture sliding around, food displays in the Windjammer falling over, etc?

How in the heck can a ship this size turn fast enough to cause this? 💩 And as for a wave...you're talking about 200'+ off the water line on that deck! 😲 No way it was a wave and I find it hard to believe it could be from sharp turn.  I wonder if it were a water pump of some sort to pool and it wasn't realized and just overfilled and flooded?  

I agree that it's highly unlike a ship that size could turn sharply/quickly enough to spill a pool.  But I did once flood a condo in Cancun by accidentally leaving the hot tub water running, LOL. (It filled from under water so you couldn't really tell.) Went to dinner, came back and shoes and sandals were floating around!  Embarrassing,  yes, 

2 hours ago, D Alt said:

When I was on Oasis, one of the water slides had a small leak coming from it that landed into Central Park.  I'd love to say it adds to the ambience but in reality I bet some bolts needed tightening above. 😳 

I’ve seen that on the Wonder too.  Not sure if it was the huge bucket in the Splash Zone.  But there was water splashing from the pool deck into Central Park.

I have a friend on HM right now. He said that it was the same situation as what happened to us today on SY. It was a rescue that cause the sharp turn.

Also @mom2mybugsis on board HM right so maybe she can comment. According to my friend, what was reported in the article is not quite correct. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have a friend on HM right now. He said that it was the same situation as what happened to us today on SY. It was a rescue that cause the sharp turn.

Also @mom2mybugsis on board HM right so maybe she can comment. According to my friend, what was reported in the article is not quite correct. 

Will we be getting the real story?

5 hours ago, bobroo said:

The pump to the FlowRider breaking is much, much more plausible cause.

Jus’ Say’n

It sounds more plausible until you realize the flowrider is on the back of the ship and central park is midship. 

It seems to me it had to come from a pool, but wow! I can't imagine a turn causing all of that!

57 minutes ago, darthvader24 said:

Is Harmony all fixed or is there still a problem 

thanks

frank

As Matt said, I'm sure it's fine. Central Park and it's balconies are exposed to the elements all the time (including an occasional storm) so the water shouldn't damage anything. Maybe they had to do a mop up in the Park Cafe and some of the other shops. Central Park has drains throughout since it is exposed to the elements/rain, so it's unlikely there was any standing water for any period of time. If this was an interior space, then we could have problems!

29 minutes ago, steverk said:

I'm still wondering how much the new Waterfall suites are going to cost!

Royal hasn't said yet but they have announced that due to a sudden increase in demand, there will now be a charge for the umbrellas in Central Park!  Tonight's live performance in Central Park is rumored to include Singin' in the Rain!