Phone calls

Hi everyone!

This August 17th I'm embarking in Fort Lauderdale to the Allure of the Seas cruise for a 7-day journey to Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Martin, and I'm from Spain so I was wondering in which country do you appear to be when using Internet connectivity or making phone calls in the cruise when you're navigating in open sea, I'd be so grateful if you could respond!

Thanks, William

Cellular service onboard Royal Caribbean ships is provided by Cellular At Sea, a partnership between AT&T and MTN Satellite Communications.

I was going to suggest that perhaps it would appear to be US-based, but since US customers are considered to be internationally roaming while using the service onboard, I don't think that's true. It may have its own origination. You'll probably need to ask your local cellular provider to see whether they know.

As far as phone calls go, has anyone used one of those $10 international calling cards they sell at grocery stores? I'm sure Cozumel would be no issue with Mexico being on just about every card I've ever seen for sure. How about George Town and Falmouth? I have never seen a calling card with those countries listed or any advice on ease of finding a phone there either.I know the calling card route would be the cheapest route than a cell or ship phone but am unsure on the specifics.

As far as phone calls go, has anyone used one of those $10 international calling cards they sell at grocery stores? I'm sure Cozumel would be no issue with Mexico being on just about every card I've ever seen for sure. How about George Town and Falmouth? I have never seen a calling card with those countries listed or any advice on ease of finding a phone there either.I know the calling card route would be the cheapest route than a cell or ship phone but am unsure on the specifics.

To use calling cards, you have to use a land line phone.  Your cell phone wont work since it needs a cell signal to use in the first place