xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas - Oct 15, 2023 - Oct 22, 2023 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Wonder of the Seas - Oct 15, 2023 - Oct 22, 2023 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! This trip will be the 2nd leg of my 50th Birthday B2B and my first B2B ever, so if anyone has any tips and tricks or good to know info, I would appreciate your wisdom. I will be sailing with my Son and we'll be celebrating his belated sweet sixteen. We are so excited. 199 days feels sooooo far away. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 5:31 PM, SemperMom said:

Hi! This trip will be the 2nd leg of my 50th Birthday B2B and my first B2B ever, so if anyone has any tips and tricks or good to know info, I would appreciate your wisdom. I will be sailing with my Son and we'll be celebrating his belated sweet sixteen. We are so excited. 199 days feels sooooo far away. 

Bummed I won't be doing the B2B after all. We ended up swapping this leg with an earlier and longer cruise in August so I am not too sad about it. lol We are still doing the first leg though so we will make sure Wonder is taken care of and ready for you!

Have fun everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wife and I booked this from my Prime Tier Certificate back in April. Can’t believe this trip is finally almost here. Looking forward to doing another Oasis class ship. Best part is that we will make Diamond on a B2B we booked on Navigator right before this one. Can’t wait to enjoy our 4 drinks per day. 

Ahoy fellow cruisers just booked this cruise last night. We are empty nesters our son is going to off to college in September and we will definitely need to cheer ourselves up after that so we are heading to the States and decided to go on this cruise.

We are currently at 63 C&A points and this will take us to the 70 mark. I joined the FB groups we usually prefer smaller ships like voyager or Radiance class as we like meeting people and find the larger ships fun but impersonal and harder to make friends.

This is why I'm posting here hoping this smaller group of posters might be interested in a meet up. We are Scottish / Irish but living in Belgium for the last 27 years. Anyway I hope everyone has a great cruise. It's our first time visiting St Thomas and St Maarten. So looking for any tips on these locations as well. 

Love the idea of a smaller meetup as well. We did 2 Trans-Atlantics this spring and on the first we did a Scottish/Irish meetup and had a blast getting know a few folks early on. We also did a candy exchange for folks traveling in from abroad to bring their finer chocolates and exchange them for our crummy American chocolate. 😅 

Look forward to meeting everyone. 

On 9/3/2023 at 2:17 AM, Morganno said:

Ahoy fellow cruisers just booked this cruise last night. We are empty nesters our son is going to off to college in September and we will definitely need to cheer ourselves up after that so we are heading to the States and decided to go on this cruise.

We are currently at 63 C&A points and this will take us to the 70 mark. I joined the FB groups we usually prefer smaller ships like voyager or Radiance class as we like meeting people and find the larger ships fun but impersonal and harder to make friends.

This is why I'm posting here hoping this smaller group of posters might be interested in a meet up. We are Scottish / Irish but living in Belgium for the last 27 years. Anyway I hope everyone has a great cruise. It's our first time visiting St Thomas and St Maarten. So looking for any tips on these locations as well. 

Scottish, eh? You JUST missed us with the celebrity/fan group from Doctor Who getting on the ship the same day you get off, with fellow Scots Frazer Hines and Sylvester McCoy on board with us, among others. Take good care of Wonder of the Seas for us and we will gladly do the same the following week! 23ShipAbove1VH80.thumb.jpg.057a8d94c89e42a4466ec5911b286ed4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't even realize this roll call was here as I'm old school and only knew about Cruise Critic before this! HA! I've been watching Matt's videos for months and months but didn't know this existed until his live Q&A last night.

In 8 days we head to Denver the night before our flight to Orlando. Then we head out to Port Canaveral, spend the day before the cruise at the Kennedy Space Center and have dinner with some friends at Dixies Crossroads. Then it's cruising time!

We haven't been on a cruise since before my son was born so this will be a family first. It will also be his first time seeing the ocean. Any other 12-year olds going to be in this group that he can connect with?

Looking forward to the break! It's gonna be a full ship but that's OK. Weather is looking a little cloudy and overcast for most of the trip though. 😞

Is there going to be a meetup for this group?

Welcome to the group. No kids for us on most trips these days though we are trying to get one planned with the entire family and their families now. We chatted about doing our own small M&G. We’re old school CC board folks as well but haven’t been back over there since the restart for us this year. When I discovered Matt’s blog videos and then this forum area. I just never felt the need to maintain a presence in 2 locations. There are some really great folks on this site with TONS more knowledge about RCCL specifically than myself so I’m constantly learning something new. 

We just need to pick a day/time and set a stake in the ground to meet up. This our 3rd Oasis class ship but first time on Wonder. I know Schooner is where we have previously done a few meet ups but it’s hit and miss with trivia and other events going on.

Schooner bar looks open however at 1:30 PM on Day 3 (First Sea Day). We can find 2 tables and join up there. 

**** RCBlog Roll Call Meet & Greet - Day 3 - October 17th, Schooner Bar 1:30PM

Setting up an informal gathering for anyone that would like to catch up onboard. Looks like Schooner bar is available on Day 3, our first Sea Day, at 1:30. We’ll grab a couple of tables and catch up. 

Tagging all previous posters here in case anyone is not following and getting notifications automatically. 
@Jill1228  @Nyx  @Poleman88  @MarcD  @JustUs275  @Morganno  @lakeland  @SocialStudiesDude

deButlers - Dennis & Gina Butler

Weather predictions for ports. I hope Coco Cay ends up with a better day than this. Everything else looks pretty decent, for this time of year.

October 15 – Embark / At Sea

78 degrees / Partly Cloudy / 24% chance of rain

October 16 – Coco Cay

87 degrees / Scattered Thunderstorms / 53% chance of rain

October 18 – St Thomas

88 degrees / Partly Cloudy / 24% chance of rain

October 19 – St Marten

88 degees / Partly Cloudy / 21% chance of rain

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 12:10 PM, SocialStudiesDude said:

Weather predictions for ports. I hope Coco Cay ends up with a better day than this. Everything else looks pretty decent, for this time of year.

October 15 – Embark / At Sea

78 degrees / Partly Cloudy / 24% chance of rain

October 16 – Coco Cay

87 degrees / Scattered Thunderstorms / 53% chance of rain

October 18 – St Thomas

88 degrees / Partly Cloudy / 24% chance of rain

October 19 – St Marten

88 degees / Partly Cloudy / 21% chance of rain

Unfortunately it was spot on 🥲

On 9/5/2023 at 8:56 PM, WhoCruiser said:

Scottish, eh? You JUST missed us with the celebrity/fan group from Doctor Who getting on the ship the same day you get off, with fellow Scots Frazer Hines and Sylvester McCoy on board with us, among others. Take good care of Wonder of the Seas for us and we will gladly do the same the following week! 23ShipAbove1VH80.thumb.jpg.057a8d94c89e42a4466ec5911b286ed4.jpg

On board now and having a great time! A bit over 13 months until we do it again with our specialized celebrity/fan group, with a smaller ship, but a longer & more varied itinerary. This is us next year, just updated the web site accordingly yesterday.... 

23pbbackcoverartwebheaderma.jpg

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas - Oct 15, 2023 - Oct 22, 2023 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)