Position of bed?

FManke

I've seen in various pictures, that the beds aren't always in the same place in all cabins. We have a ocean view and if the "king" bed we requested isn't in a spot we like, say right under the window, can and/or will the steward move the bed for us? Is this something we can request ahead of time?

The beds can be put together to form a king, but they can't be moved. In older ships, they're almost always under the window. In newer ships, it varies as the cabin changes width where it is wider where the bed is and narrower where the couch is. Think of the cabins as a pair of packed shoes on their sides like you might do to pack them. 

29 minutes ago, DocLC said:

The beds can be put together to form a king, but they can't be moved. In older ships, they're almost always under the window. In newer ships, it varies as the cabin changes width where it is wider where the bed is and narrower where the couch is. Think of the cabins as a pair of packed shoes on their sides like you might do to pack them. 

We're going to be on Serenade, so most likely, under the window. Just wondering as my wife is funny sleeping away from home, if the bed is in a different position, as it relates to the rest of the room. Don't ask.

2 hours ago, fmanke said:

We're going to be on Serenade, so most likely, under the window. Just wondering as my wife is funny sleeping away from home, if the bed is in a different position, as it relates to the rest of the room. Don't ask.

Yes, under the window in all but a few cabins that were added after initial construction.