Does the side of the ship really matter?

Julie

Typically, no.  The only exception might be if you're doing a one-way Alaska sailing.  Otherwise, whatever you don't see on the way into a port, you'll see on the way out.  Or, hedge your bets and get an aft or forward facing cabin.

I've noticed that I tend to favor the starboard side (like 90%).  No particular reason, I guess I book it without realizing it.  

Southbound Alaska I purposely selected a port side balcony, but I don't think there was any advantage to it for me, as if it was daylight I wasn't down in the cabin anyway.

17 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

My wife booked our first 2 rooms on port side (I think), so now my ocd has put us on that side for the next 3 out of 4 cruises.  I'm trying a starboard on Brilliance, might be a long week going the wrong way to get everywhere ?

Does this mean you will be in an "odd" numbered room or an "even" numbered room...that is very important to an OCD!

6 minutes ago, WHStoneman said:

Does this mean you will be in an "odd" numbered room or an "even" numbered room...that is very important to an OCD!

If you're on the port side of the ship and the ship docks on the port side, to  an OCD does that mean you'll be docking faster than the folks on the starboard side?