xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Feb 12, 2023 - Feb 19, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)

Awesome! We did Mayan Ruins in Tulum in 2009, it was a great experience.

We are booking Little French Key in Roatan which comes with admission to AJs Monkeys & Sloths (directly with Little French Key). I did it during the pandemic with some friends and it was a great time. We did consider the zipline & Gumbalimba Park so it would be different for me, but I think my wife will have more fun hugging a sloth 🙂 I don't mind going again.

No plans for Cozumel or Costa Maya yet. Maybe a resort break in Cozumel, like Mr Sanchos or Nachi-Cocom.

Zipline booked for CocoCay & a day bed. We are undecided about the day bed but with only 1 left we grabbed it. Easier to cancel than wish you had it.

Orange County: We are near the Newburgh Beacon Bridge. Few breweries, distilleries, wineries around or just into a neighboring county (Dutchess or Ulster). Some hiking and stuff. Bear Mountain is pretty popular, especially with "city folk" LOL. The Hudson Valley in general is pretty and nice break from the hustle and bustle of the city. 

Edited by sk8erguy1978
add OC

We booked the ruins for Costa Maya and Cozumel. We picked the zip line and Gumbalimba Park. If you see this show reservations just opened in the cruise planner. Both of my friends are from Nyack or just outside of it. We lived in Northern New York for 13 years but never made it to that part of the state.

That zipline looks like fun! Thanks for the heads up, I'll check them out!

Ah, Nyack is actually in Rockland County, last exit on 87 south before the Tappan Zee Governor Mario M. Cuomo bridge. I am originally from Rockland County (Suffern NY). I've spent many nights barhopping around Nyack, great village for it (great village in general). 

On 1/1/2023 at 2:52 PM, sk8erguy1978 said:

Awesome! We did Mayan Ruins in Tulum in 2009, it was a great experience.

We are booking Little French Key in Roatan which comes with admission to AJs Monkeys & Sloths (directly with Little French Key). I did it during the pandemic with some friends and it was a great time. We did consider the zipline & Gumbalimba Park so it would be different for me, but I think my wife will have more fun hugging a sloth 🙂 I don't mind going again.

No plans for Cozumel or Costa Maya yet. Maybe a resort break in Cozumel, like Mr Sanchos or Nachi-Cocom.

Zipline booked for CocoCay & a day bed. We are undecided about the day bed but with only 1 left we grabbed it. Easier to cancel than wish you had it.

Orange County: We are near the Newburgh Beacon Bridge. Few breweries, distilleries, wineries around or just into a neighboring county (Dutchess or Ulster). Some hiking and stuff. Bear Mountain is pretty popular, especially with "city folk" LOL. The Hudson Valley in general is pretty and nice break from the hustle and bustle of the city. 

Hey! Head's up on Little French Key. I've never been but was researching it because it looks SO FUN, then I saw another post on RC Blog about "drama on their Facebook page". After looking at the LFK FB page, we decided to go with something different. Who knows what the real story is, but I had to mention it after seeing this post.

1 hour ago, Kattie said:

Hey! Head's up on Little French Key. I've never been but was researching it because it looks SO FUN, then I saw another post on RC Blog about "drama on their Facebook page". After looking at the LFK FB page, we decided to go with something different. Who knows what the real story is, but I had to mention it after seeing this post.

Thanks, I'll checkout their FB page. I went in 2021 and had no issues but that doesn't mean anything these days.

May I ask what you decided instead? We were looking at this or Gumbalimba Park. No sloths at the park, at least "interactive" so we leaned towards LFK and AJs. Nothing set in stone with LFK yet. 

The animals are, unfortunately caged (on / at Little French key - which I think are the ones in question) the Sloth & Monkey Farm is called "AJ's Monkeys and Sloths" and is up the road (not sure if it's part of LFK or just a local place they work with... suspect the latter). The enclosures are comparable to an American zoo (which is a touchy subject, I agree). I'm going to reach out to friends I went with to make sure I didn't miss obvious animal cruelty.

Skimmed some inner comments to a post which seems to be the "meat" of the drama... Apparently an ownership issues. Sounds like a messy divorce. American and Honduras courts involved. No official paperwork but LFK did comment with their email saying reach out for more info about it. If they ever reply to my email maybe I'll ask.

In the mean time I'll keep my eye out for other excursions and have something else booked as a backup.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

Already eyeing Roatan Monkey and Sloth Hangout plus ATV Adventure with Roatan Henry Tour, seems like fun and honestly was eyeing LFK again because of their ties to AJs.

What's crazier, my wife wants her own ATV. She's never driven an ATV. I need to purchase a GoPro!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g292019-d15359193-Roatan_Monkey_and_Sloth_Hangout_plus_ATV_Adventure-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

22 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Thanks, I'll checkout their FB page. I went in 2021 and had no issues but that doesn't mean anything these days.

May I ask what you decided instead? We were looking at this or Gumbalimba Park. No sloths at the park, at least "interactive" so we leaned towards LFK and AJs. Nothing set in stone with LFK yet. 

We're doing the Maya Key Retreat. It looks beautiful and is a quick 5-10 minute boat ride from Port. It seems to have a bit of everything we're interested in, including rescued animals. I'm not sure how interactive you can be with them though or what type of animals they have. It's not huge on my list so I didn't research it too much.

6 hours ago, Kattie said:

We're doing the Maya Key Retreat. It looks beautiful and is a quick 5-10 minute boat ride from Port. It seems to have a bit of everything we're interested in, including rescued animals. I'm not sure how interactive you can be with them though or what type of animals they have. It's not huge on my list so I didn't research it too much.

Looks very cool. We are leaning towards an ATV tour.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, deep1 said:

Really last Minute trigger pull here. No FB group for it??? so I made one but so far no joiners... Fiancé got a promotion so this is a celebration  trip for us... Now how do I keep her from running off with a sloth? 😄

Congratulations on the promotion! We are doing an ATV tour with Monkey & Sloth hangout.

I'm in this (https://www.facebook.com/groups/485869290346299/?ref=share&mibextid=NSMWBT) FB Group, although small (11 members) and quiet.

5 hours ago, The Fox said:

We use this group:   https://www.facebook.com/groups/410269107105979  

Has about 450 members.

WE are going on the Roatan Island Tour and Beach. Never been to Roatan so we wanted to get a feel for the place.

Just joined as well. Didn't think to look for a facebook group.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Fox said:

Two weeks from today we will be sailing. Big Superbowl to watch on our first day. Where do you think is the best place to watch the game?

Here is an older blog from @Matt https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/01/30/guide-watching-the-super-bowl-royal-caribbean-cruise

Reading different threads here and some Facebook threads it seems it could be aired at the Royal Theater, Aqua Theater, Playmakers (I hear there has been a fee in the past), various bars around the ship and even the pool deck.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Feb 12, 2023 - Feb 19, 2023 (7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day)