Anybody try new Room Service menu yet?

FManke

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet.  But was researching the "new" charges and found the below.  They have the scheduled "transitions" by ship. 

Royal Caribbean is introducing a new room service menu that features several upgraded selections including a Wagyu Beef Hamburger, Philly Cheesesteak and Grilled Salmon with Cucumber Mint Yogurt and Roasted Asparagus. The upgraded menus will start rolling out on March 27th and be available across the fleet by end of May 2017. To view rollout schedule and the new menus, please click here.

As part of the rollout of the new room service, a delivery charge of $7.95 per stateroom order will now apply. Continental breakfast remains complimentary and the delivery charge excludes Grand Suites and above.

My two upcoming cruises will have the new menu.

Room_Service_Menu_2017.pdf

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, FManke said:

Any new reviews of room service since my original post?

I've used it a few times now.  I found the wings to be very good and daughter loved the cheesy fries.  The Royal burger was better than the equivalent in WJ. Still a frozen patty as opposed to freshly made but taste and presentation was better.

Grandeur a few weeks ago and Allure in May had the menu identical to what @Bob_KY posted above.

I'm not a foodie and pretty easy to please, especially late night after exercising the drink package.  I prefer to order from room service late night rather than eating pizza.  That may be influencing my review.  

On Allure it took about 30 minutes at midnight for wings, burger, several orders of cheesy fries (no idea where she put them all).  On Harmony in 10 days, son already told me he wants to try the Chicken Fettuccine one night. I'll be in a suite without the $7.95 fee so if there is an item you are interested in, I can order it, not much on the menu I wouldn't eat.  

I've sampled the wings, quesadilla, and hamburger on both Harmony and Anthem. Look back at some of my "LIVEish" blogs for pictues.

Wings and hamburger have been good. Found the quesadilla better on Harmony. Also tired the nachos and cheese fries on Harmony. Wasn't a fan of the cheese sauce and the fries weren't very warm. Anthem gave the hotdog a try. Seemed to be over microwaved. However the roll it was on was great.

On 4/20/2017 at 6:56 PM, FManke said:

Anybody tried the new upgraded room service menu yet? Worth the $7.95?

I tried it on Harmony for lunch one day.

Good news is it came in about 40 minutes and we ordered enough food for 4 adults and 4 kids. 

I had the quesadilla and chicken noodle soup.  Both were of the same quality I'd expect from MDR (which I generally enjoy).  The pico de gallo was particularly good.

• 3 months later...

Definitely worth it, especially if you're wiped out and can't be bothered making an effort (whether it be smarty-smarts for formal night or getting pumped up to wrestle children out the way... I mean go to the Windjammer)

I had the burger and it was just as good as Johnny Rockets in my personal opinion...  The quality was MUCH better compared to my room service on Navigator in May 2016 and the $7.95 is trivial enough for me to forget about it

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 28margaritaville said:

@Matt just following up on your room service message. You just paid one 7.95 fee for delivery to cover 4 adults and 4 kids no dramas? We are travelling with a group of 8 and I wondered if they would not let you order for more than 2 or 4 people for the 7.95 fee. Seems like it's ok. Makes it much more reasonable. 

Correct, $7.95 per order.  So you can order at on of food for 8 people and total cost is $7.95 

....and remember that suite guests are not limited to the very limited room service menu.  Suites are allowed to order room service from the main dining room dinner menu.  Just remember that you are limited to ordering dinner from the MDR menu during the hours that the MDR is open.  Other than that, order away !

Star Class guests are permitted to order from any of the specialty restaurants as well.

On 2018-01-22 at 9:50 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

....and remember that suite guests are not limited to the very limited room service menu.  Suites are allowed to order room service from the main dining room dinner menu.  Just remember that you are limited to ordering dinner from the MDR menu during the hours that the MDR is open.  Other than that, order away !

Star Class guests are permitted to order from any of the specialty restaurants as well.

One of my favourite perks. Sabor on my balcony? I think so! 

Next month will be lunch from Michael’s!