Brilliance of the Seas

My sister and I are thinking about going on the transatlantic cruise out of Amsterdam. Going to Dublin, Cork, Waterford, Belfast and Delgada Azores.  Wondering if anyone has been on this ship and how was the experience? Also if anyone has done a transatlantic cruise did they get bored?  We will be on the ship for 16 days and docking in Tampa.

Edited by cooperstraits

I was on the ship in January for a Comiccon cruise. Tampa is an amazing port, especially when you go under the huge bridge. Both the airport and the port are downtown, so it's all nice and close.

It was my first RCL cruise after four on the Disney Dream, so i have little to compare it to. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, as did my twin teenage girls.

I absolutely love Brilliance, and would sail a TA on her in a heartbeat. Great relaxing ship with a fantastic crew. I absolutely love the wine bar in the evening. The Schooner on that ship also stands out to me more than on other ships. The ship also has a large open-air section of the Windjammer at the back of the ship that was rarely crowded, and was a nice spot for breakfast or lunch on sunny days. 

Really hoping to have the chance to sail Brilliance again in the not too distant future! 

I've sailed on three of the four Radiance class ships, including the Brilliance. I really like the design and the fact that there are sea views from just about everywhere. In addition, a lot of features have been added to the ship over the years. 

Tampa is great, but I'd rather sail from there as I'm not a morning person, so I wouldn't be up to see her coming into port. 

Is this class bigger than vision and smaller than freedom?  Am i right that the views of the sea are the string points of these boats?  Im having a hard time keeping all the different classes straight!   Am i right that these would be less teen friendly?  Jane

57 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Is this class bigger than vision and smaller than freedom?  Am i right that the views of the sea are the string points of these boats?  Im having a hard time keeping all the different classes straight!   Am i right that these would be less teen friendly?  Jane

Yes but Voyager class would come between the Radiance class, which we're talking about, and the Freedom class. You're also correct that the amount of glass is one of the unique features. Even some of the elevators have ocean views.