xSAILEDx Mariner of the Seas - Feb 13, 2023 - Feb 18, 2023 (5 Night Western Caribbean & Bahamas)

Good day everyone!

Roll call!

Any others on this itinerary wondering about our stop at Grand Turk? It appears that we may be the only RCCL to make that port for quite some time and according to cruise mapper may be the only one in 2023… There is nothing yet in the cruise planner as well. We booked this itinerary specifically for that stop, but are wondering whether we are really going. Anyone else curious about this? Guess we will see…

Thanks for reading and have a great year!

jim and sher 

Hi, Jim and Sher! I see that you found my post over in the general forum about the Grand Turk mystery on this February sailing. I am concocting all kinds of theories as to why the port hasn’t been updated.😉  I’m wondering if the removal of vaccination requirements to sail is the reason as it appears Turks and Caicos requires all visitors to be vaccinated. Perhaps RC is holding out hope that there is still a possibility that the vaccine requirement will be dropped before our ship’s arrival. I can think of no other reason why it hasn’t been updated. I hate not knowing where we’re headed and am anxious to secure an excursion. As I’m sure you saw in my other post, our travel agent was passed around to several departments as she looked into the “absent” port, and she was told the substitute port was Costa Maya. We’ll see, I guess. 

Either way, we’re looking forward to setting sail with four other couples … and we’re all leaving the kids at home! 🍻 🏝 

Laura 

Hello all.  Scott (hubby) was just on trying to do our dining reservations and was greeted by yet another mystery.  We found in parts of our reservation that it now says our ship is going to Yucatan Progeso  Mexico.  So he checked all thru the reservation and part says Gran Turks and part says Progeso.  It'll be fun to see just where we'll end up.  Luckily we're not uptight people and are just happy to climb aboard and see where she takes us.  As long as we float out of Cape Canaveral we'll be happy.

Good day, We appear to now have an official itinerary view. We may be the first RCCL ship to visit. My understanding is there has been much negotiation going on between TCI and carnival to allow other cruise lines access. Let us hope all continues well…

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/5-night-western-caribbean-bahamas-from-orlando-port-canaveral-on-mariner/MA05PCN-627002548?sail-date=2023-02-13&currency=USD&country=USA#step=4

• 3 weeks later...

We are going with four other couples and one couple is not vaxed, so they had to cancel their excursion. On another note, I am guessing the theme night will be 70s. I always see a handful of people go all out with theme-night attire, and we always wonder how in the heck they knew. I’ve searched old Cruise Compasses for this ship/itinerary, and it looks like it’s going to be 70s. We’re packing some fun attire!

2 hours ago, Laura P. said:

We are going with four other couples and one couple is not vaxed, so they had to cancel their excursion.

Very interesting.  In the past, if a port required a vax (or test), then the entire cruise would require it.  This is the first time I’ve heard of unvaxxed being allowed to cruise when the itinerary included a vax-required port.  It will be interesting to see how this proceeds.

Yes, it will be interesting. Knocking on wood, we somewhat expected this itinerary to change. The notification was good news and we are looking forward to it. Will post back here how that goes.

No plans or excursions. Just playing it as it comes. I do understand they have a pretty good Turks and Caicos brewed IPA… That will be the first stop..

Anyone planning non RCCL excursions? Anything notable not on the planner?

Jim and Sher

• Hoppy2BHere changed the title to xSAILEDx Mariner of the Seas - Feb 13, 2023 - Feb 18, 2023 (5 Night Western Caribbean & Bahamas)