2022 Cruise days flex

Matt

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

I get no emails from Royal.  They say I’m all set to get them, but zilch.  Last week a nice agent said she put in a ticket number to try and resolve this.

Royal seems to only like certain email domains.  None of my small business domains qualify so I don't get these sorts of emails.  But if you have an aol account or something like that you stand a better chance.    msn.com, gmail.com, etc.

As far as a ticket to fix it?  LOL!  Over the years I've tried dozens of tickets.  Still get zero emails.  

The bottom line is that Royal sucks at technology. Simply put, they just suck at IT.

Imagine someone from 1969 travelling into the future and landing in 2022 (or 1995).  E-mails?  What's an "E"?  That's Royal Caribbean.  

Once they have blacklisted you for whatever reason your only chance is to create a new account and use an aol account, because, as we all know, this email thing is just a passing fad that Royal won't have to deal with beyond 1994.  

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

Royal seems to only like certain email domains.  None of my small business domains qualify so I don't get these sorts of emails.  But if you have an aol account or something like that you stand a better chance.    msn.com, gmail.com, etc.

As far as a ticket to fix it?  LOL!  Over the years I've tried dozens of tickets.  Still get zero emails.  

The bottom line is that Royal sucks at technology. Simply put, they just suck at IT.

Imagine someone from 1969 travelling into the future and landing in 2022 (or 1995).  E-mails?  What's an "E"?  That's Royal Caribbean.  

Once they have blacklisted you for whatever reason your only chance is to create a new account and use an aol account, because, as we all know, this email thing is just a passing fad that Royal won't have to deal with beyond 1994.  

It is an aol account. I recall unsubscribing from Royal about 10 years ago….so I’m sure they’ve no idea how to reverse it, I opted back in about 3 years ago.  They can find me for my booked cruises and I did get my “Diamond plus has changed” email.  So it’s able to come through for some things. 

12 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

It is an aol account. I recall unsubscribing from Royal about 10 years ago….so I’m sure they’ve no idea how to reverse it, I opted back in about 3 years ago.  They can find me for my booked cruises and I did get my “Diamond plus has changed” email.  So it’s able to come through for some things. 

FUBAR.  That's another 5 letter word like ROYAL.  I doubt anyone at Royal can figure it out.  I learned this long ago when they sent a minor child a RoyalUP invite but not me. 

It could be worse.  Many of us love the onboard experience despite the woeful shoreside performance.  Imagine if that was reversed?   At least it's screwed up in the current direction.  

16 hours ago, twangster said:

I am replying just in case someone at Royal is reading this thread.  43 days in 2022, but I did not get an email, and my domain is gmail.