🎊⚓Shining, Shimmering, Splendid! NYE SY 12/31/22 – 01/07/23🎊⚓

Lovetocruise2002

2 hours ago, Cruiser4Life said:

I just got the “your bid will be still reviewed onboard” for our nye sailing. I am debating just cancelling it… I like to unpack and door decorate asap… then there’s the guilt because since this sailing is obviously full, some poor family either had airline trouble or someone fell ill in order for the room to become available… and lastly @Neesa ‘s issues of important tickets and perks still being delivered to her old stateroom is fresh in my mind… this may be too much for this unfortunately neurotic type A to deal with. But I’m rooting for yours to come through! 🤣

If it were any other category, I would cancel. But for star, I would gladly unpack and pack it up again to move 😉

On 12/24/2022 at 7:15 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

A few nights ago, Hubby and the girls were discussing where we should eat on boarding day.

Hubby:  “We’ll just get on board, drop off our bags, and head to El Loco.”

Me: “Umm..where are you planning to drop those bags off to? You know staterooms don’t open until after 1pm right?” 

Hubby: “But aren’t we staying on Deck 17?” 

Me: “Yes, but we are not in star this time. Usually the Genie opens the fire doors for us” 

Hubby: “I am sure we can just swing by and check. Maybe our room will be ready early.” 

SMH…

Regarding bags, I travel with a shoe case (not suit case) that I never check or give to porters.  Those are my valuable things.lol  I normally just drop in off in the Suite Lounge until rooms open.  

Royal Up report:

For anyone wondering, I placed bids on the ATS, Star Loft, Villa, and RLS. Tonight I received the email (in the post above) for all 4 of those bids. There have been some people in the FB group reporting that they only received the email for some of their bids, not all. When I check my status online, they are all listed as “submitted” still. 

In our roll call FB group, reports of people winning bids have been very few. Just one person reported a win from a week ago, interior to boardwalk. 

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I got mine today and decided to cancel.  I think our location is pretty good and with having to spend too do something our last day, better not to spend an extra $500-700.  Jane

2 days out:

It’s 3pm and not bad at all…

✅ Checked in for flight 

✅ All packed 

✅ Luggage tags printed 

✅  Checked in for hotel stay

All that is left to do now is have an early dinner and head to bed. We plan to leave our house at 5:00 am tomorrow. Fingers crossed for no flight interruptions. I already told Hubby that next NYE sailing we need to go two days ahead. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Off to bed! Tomorrow we take off to warmer parts, thank goodness! Cannot wait to get back into my flip flops. Lol

Florida is ready for you! Welcome back! We just went through three days of winter and were counting the days till ft laud/Miami warmed up. Christmas Eve/Christmas day being 40-50 degrees was about all we could take 😝

4 hours ago, Cruiser4Life said:

Christmas Eve/Christmas day being 40-50 degrees was about all we could take 😝

20 minutes ago, JVPIII said:

Absolutely agree! Too cold for this Florida man.

Umm…ok…no comment. 😆

Status: it’s about 2:30am, very tired; but about to leave this behind for 80° weather so it’s all good. 

8166F427-D57B-4962-8F6B-B76ED2BF26E2.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Sweety said:

Awesome. Thinking taking a NYE in 2024. We are taking a Christmas cruise next year.

Next year we are on Odyssey. NYE 2024 we wanted Wonder but not paying those prices. So now I am waiting for OA and SY to release their itineraries.

30 minutes ago, twangster said:

Was this picture from last summer?  I don't see much snow so I'm guessing July?

Few days ago 🥶

23 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

It has! We've not sailed since 12/2019 in all the chaos but just made 2 bookings and told our mutual friend to tell you big hello! 

Until then, I'm living vicariously, Star Class or not! Have so much fun!

She told me! I am glad you are back! 

@Lovetocruise2002- you may just get that win due to SW flights being canceled.  There should be at least 1 person on one of those canceled flights that

had a Star Class suite.

@twangster- she should be ok as long as she is not on a SW flight. LOL!  Since we have not heard from her in the past 2 hours, I am going to assume that the flight took off. 

20 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Just landed! What a relief! 

Run DON'T walk to the nearest exit.  You never know when they will change their minds and shut the doors on you.  After all, they may have just realized that they forgot to load the luggage and have to go back for it. LOL!  Sorry, bad joke. 🙂 ENJOY

44 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

- you may just get that win due to SW flights being canceled.  There should be at least 1 person on one of those canceled flights that

had a Star Class suite.

I feel like those on SW flights got enough notice for this one that they could drive if they had to. There are quite a few in the roll call group who are doing that.

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Glad to hear you landed safely and are there.  Did you check in your luggage or try carry on?  We did carry on in the summer (to Disney in Orlando) when things were a mess, but definitely more challenging when packing for a cruise.  

We did our usual. Checked one large 29 inch one. Carry on four 21 inch ones. The majority is in the carryons. Only larger liquids and Hubby and kid shoes are in the checked luggage. And our evening wear. 

52 minutes ago, GregD said:

how about the luggage??🤣

Safe! 🙂

Well, it’s definitely not my beloved Intercontinental Miami, but it will do for one night. We booked a two bedroom suite with a shared bathroom. At check in, they asked if we wanted two separate king rooms (next to each other), that gives us 2 bathrooms. We took the 2 separate rooms. Same cost. Kids are beyond excited. The rooms are pretty much identical so pics of just one here. 

Atwell Suites-Miami Brickell

A900822C-5121-40C7-9EC4-978042A938B0.jpeg

6781F6DA-8D64-4DBE-B12F-5428F4C45BA2.jpeg

4C5C6FDD-17F4-40F3-A122-0CB150527EE1.jpeg

F435AC39-9D4F-4AAF-AE2D-D286F62AF1B6.jpeg

AFD43A88-92F7-42F3-82B4-1119C8D4A47D.jpeg

5B5FA04E-11E9-4817-8616-F4EEBD23BEC6.jpeg

9C3F5529-0DE3-41F9-9EF4-693FC3A98891.jpeg

163B203C-02DE-415A-96B4-3F25B53EB573.jpeg

Love it! Onboard odyssey and we’re told not to unpack as upgrades could be coming. . There may be people not making it onboard so let’s all count our blessings that we can board a ship. That being said, I’m trying to be super positive but Odyssey does not seem like the ship for us. Lol