What documents/copies do you take with you?

nemrac917

I'm working on putting together all of our copies/documents for our upcoming cruise.  So far I have the following:

-Certified copies of birth certificates for each family member, marriage license for myself.

-Photocopies of each document.

-Confirmation printouts for Hotels, Flights, Excursion (Native Choice), Transportation (Airport to Terminal and back), all packages/items purchased for the cruise

-Travel insurance policy and card

I'll be adding copies of the adults' drivers licenses, health insurance cards, and credit cards.

Can you think of anything else I'll need?

COVID Vaccination records if you have them.  You never know when rules may change, and they suddenly become required at a port for some reason.

Also, seeing that you have Birth Certificates rather than Passports, you may want to list out important numbers and addresses for consulates and/or embassies for the ports you are visiting in case of an emergency.  They will be who you need to contact if for some reason you are not able to return with the ship. 

Thank you!

I know passports would be easier, but the extra $735 for all five of us was a bit much to add onto the trip expense, so we're using birth certificates for the trip.

On 12/22/2022 at 9:46 AM, DoomSlayer said:

COVID Vaccination records if you have them.  You never know when rules may change, and they suddenly become required at a port for some reason.

Also, seeing that you have Birth Certificates rather than Passports, you may want to list out important numbers and addresses for consulates and/or embassies for the ports you are visiting in case of an emergency.  They will be who you need to contact if for some reason you are not able to return with the ship. 

Thank you for the idea of the embassy!

On 12/22/2022 at 3:21 AM, nemrac917 said:

I'm working on putting together all of our copies/documents for our upcoming cruise.  So far I have the following:

-Certified copies of birth certificates for each family member, marriage license for myself.

-Photocopies of each document.

-Confirmation printouts for Hotels, Flights, Excursion (Native Choice), Transportation (Airport to Terminal and back), all packages/items purchased for the cruise

-Travel insurance policy and card

I'll be adding copies of the adults' drivers licenses, health insurance cards, and credit cards.

Can you think of anything else I'll need?

We take a 3x5 card with phone numbers rather than copies of credit cards and license. We leave most cards at home. Other replies are good. I put docs in a skinny binder in carryon. This becomes our memory binder after the trip when pictures or post cards are added.