On board entertainment reservations

When can you begin reserving the onboard entertainment in the cruise planner?  We will be on Explorer of the Seas May 15th to British Columbia.  So far all I have found are the excursions and a few activities.  I was under the impression that I needed to reserve activities like the big show entertainment, ice skating show, etc.

Thank you,

Most ships don't require reservations.  Its the Oasis class and above that I've found that you need to reserve.  Just show up about 15 minutes early (or earlier if you want to make sure of a good seat).  Of course this doesn't include things like the murder mystery on the Freedom but that's a dinner thing.

Arebee nailed it - unless it's a special thing like a dinner or class that is pre-purchased ahead there really isn't an avenue to book ahead of time. That said, I've never had an issue getting a seat for shows on a non-Oasis ship (... and I've never been on a non-Oasis ship. So.)

4 hours ago, sashat00 said:

Thank you so much for all of your information.  I won't worry about making any reservations.

And another piece of advice. Whatever you do, do not bring any food into the theatres. The performers find it very distracting and they will have a hard time concentrating. Or so I hear. :10_wink:

As far as I know you only make reservations before sailing for Oasis and Quantum class ships.

For the ice shows you may need a ticket - usually advertised in the compass when to collect them so you get a pick of which show time you want to go to.  If you don't have a ticket you can wait in a standby line and they'll let you in just before the show starts.  For shows in the theatre you don't need a ticket / reservation

Hope that helps.

Sarah

I am booked on Harmony in October and still 176 days to go before sailing, and yesterday my OBC was loaded and I was able to reserve all entertainment (Grease, The Fine Line etc). Activities such as sushi-making and Dreamworks breakfast have been available for a while, but yesterday I was also able to book the Rubicon Escape room, which hadn't previously been available.  I was surprised to say the least, but was happy to get all my reservations made. Still not able to reserve any specialty restaurants at this time. 

50 minutes ago, smpoole813 said:

I am booked on Harmony in October and still 176 days to go before sailing, and yesterday my OBC was loaded and I was able to reserve all entertainment (Grease, The Fine Line etc). Activities such as sushi-making and Dreamworks breakfast have been available for a while, but yesterday I was also able to book the Rubicon Escape room, which hadn't previously been available.  I was surprised to say the least, but was happy to get all my reservations made. Still not able to reserve any specialty restaurants at this time. 

Grr! I'm cruising on Allure in 170 days and they still haven't released our entertainment bookings. I wanna plan!!!!!