Adventure of the Seas - Jun 7, 2024 - Jun 15, 2024 (8 Night S. Caribbean & Perfect Day)

Neesa

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Adventure of the Seas - Jun 7, 2024 - Jun 15, 2024 (8 Night S. Caribbean & Perfect Day)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gees, hawking the cruise planner, just a few offerings! Ugh, not even PDCC beach club admissions yet. I see the cabanas prices all over the island are up up up! $4,000 for the over water cabana? Thats another 7 night on a smaller class of ship. This gives me pause for the beach club admissions prices, I think they are waiting, my gut says these prices will be the highest we've ever witnessed for this area of real estate. Hopefully the adults area will be open by this sailing impacting the demand thus the pricing, ho hum 400 + days to go!

@Neesa I remember when floating cabanas were an insult at 2019 introductory prices around $1999 to $2499 price range.  

During the Christmas’22 holidays they literally “sold out” at $3999.

It’s beyond ridiculous. These prices were for oasis class ships - specifically the symphony and wonder. 

I wonder if the prices are still significantly lower if you’re sailing/visiting  on smaller ships…or does that even matter any mor?  

This blows my mind. Don't get me wrong I know it makes sense for bigger parties but my little family of 3 ?  Nope, but it's weird because while I would have loved trying a cabana I'm glad Royal can rake in these monies to help with their outstanding debt. Now I'm kicking myself for not jumping on these in the earlier days..... #Wow

And this isn't even an Oasis or Quantum class sailing.

Even DCL cabanas aren't this expensive and you get drinks included as well.

Screenshot_20230309_155239_Royal.jpg

Screenshot_20230309_155228_Royal.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even with this current 35% off sale the Coco cay prices are higher then that hot air balloon (when it goes up) on Coco Cay!

The beach club passes are 290.00 from 310.00. The cabanas are all 1,600.00 on the island or more (beach club cabanas 3,700-4,000) 

Things are selling too! I can not wrap my head around that price for the beach club, no beach club this sailing for us. Off early and find a homebase on South beach.

Reason being we are sharing the Island with the Icon. Ugh, talk about angst...that's a lot of people on Coco Cay.  

Screenshot_20230713_175822_Chrome.jpg

40 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I can not wrap my head around that price for the beach club, no beach club this sailing for us. Off early and find a homebase on South beach.

Reason being we are sharing the Island with the Icon. Ugh, talk about angst...that's a lot of people on Coco Cay.  

Looks like a Solarium Day for us.  😀

@JustMeJoe and @WAAAYTOOO seriously, I live on the west coast of Florida the Gulf of Mexico being a hop skip and a jump away. You guys are onto something here, sounds like a ship day as well. We are in the suite with the bath tub on the balcony, this may be the way to go. Ft. Desoto Beach here is dare I say it even more beautiful then Coco Cay, why in the world I want to share the island with 12,000 of my closest Royal friends. I'm now leaning hard to stay on board. I could not in all good conscious enjoy the Island at those prices with that many guests, yes.....ship day it is! 

27 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm glad I got to see the beach club at $79 to know it's not worth paying much more than that for it.

I paid same price in 2021 and knew immediately I wasn’t a fan and have no need to ever use the beach club again.  Especially at today’s prices…to me and my husband…not worth it.

• 5 months later...

173 days to go! Trying to understand clearly moving forward. As there is really not a true suites amenity package tied to a suite cabin on this class, my questions are the following;

Embarkation lunch/snacks choices. We all agree we are not feeling a big Chops meal to start, besides WJ is there any other venue we can just get something small to take the edge off until dinner? Does the Crown or Suites lounge put out small bites? Is the Solarium offering counter open?

There is a tiny table in the cabin, in the evening can you order cabin service from the MDR menu? If so, do you do this through calling the cabin service phone number? 

Finally, if I understand correctly no reservations needed for shows? 

I purchased the internet this past Black Friday sale, but is there anything I may have forgotten?

I do enjoy the "suite life" amenities on the Quantum and Oasis class, but gravitated to the smaller ship due to the itinerary. 

Appreciate any thoughts here, 🙂

I am right there with you, I was hunting the Allure as I love Mama Mia but day one there was no Allure released. We booked our cabin day 1 as well as I loved the itinerary (& wasn't waiting for Allure since I had no idea of her sailing schedule)  at I believed was a phenomenal price point.  We sailed Adventure after the shut down out of Nassau but there were very few shows and the experience was limited. Happy to celebrate and be sad at the same time kiddos 18th birthday on the 13th and her High school graduation. You know I did the ducks, right? She is exuberant, she will be in the fitness center and loving life....I'll be in the corner....crying🤣

20231217_092021.jpg

26 minutes ago, Neesa said:

173 days to go! Trying to understand clearly moving forward. As there is really not a true suites amenity package tied to a suite cabin on this class, my questions are the following;

Embarkation lunch/snacks choices. We all agree we are not feeling a big Chops meal to start, besides WJ is there any other venue we can just get something small to take the edge off until dinner? Does the Crown or Suites lounge put out small bites? Is the Solarium offering counter open?

There is a tiny table in the cabin, in the evening can you order cabin service from the MDR menu? If so, do you do this through calling the cabin service phone number? 

Finally, if I understand correctly no reservations needed for shows? 

I purchased the internet this past Black Friday sale, but is there anything I may have forgotten?

I do enjoy the "suite life" amenities on the Quantum and Oasis class, but gravitated to the smaller ship due to the itinerary. 

Appreciate any thoughts here, 🙂

1.  Embarkation food/snacks.  Even if there WERE snacks in the SL (which there won't be, from my experience...and the Concierge won't be in there, either) you could not get into the SL until after you get your Seapasses anyway.  I understand your hesitance to eat a big meal at Chops, but I do still strongly recommend it.  You can eat as much or little as you want (I usually just get a salad and some soup).  There is nothing WORSE, IMO than fighting the boarding day horde.  Getting on first isn't really going to help you b/c the WJ and all of the other snack options aren't going to be open yet and you will till have to wait....and by then the "others" are right there with you.  If you book a 12:00 lunch at Chops, by the time you are done eating the rooms will be ready.  This has become an enjoyable boarding day ritual with us and I love, love, love it.  Not that this helps you now, but I booked ALL of our boarding day specialty dining rezzies during Black Friday month b/c the specialty lunches are the ONE and ONLY bargain still available on Royal Caribbean and the BF prices were awesome.  Even at the current CP price, the specialty lunch is still a bargain.  DO IT.

1a.  If you do decide to just tough it out and not do a specialty boarding lunch, you will still need a place to hang out.  As I mentioned above, you will not have your SP cards yet so it is dicey about whether or not you can get into the SL right after boarding.  Be BOLD.  Go to your suite and retrieve your SP cards from your door and then slip back out again.  I have never had anyone question me going through the closed hallway door, but I make it quick - in and out.  Only once have I ever gone to the trouble only to find that the cards weren't there yet.  If that happens then you will be at the mercy of someone (usually a B2B'er) letting you in if you knock on the Suites Lounge door.

2.  Yes, room service is complimentary for full suites.  My experience with trying to call and get room service has been abysmal.  I have found that the easiest (and most successful) way to get food delivered to your suite is to let the Suites Concierge handle it for you.  I take a hand-written list of what we want and give it to the Concierge (well ahead of time...as much lead way as possible) and let them order it for me.  I have found this to be very successful. Just like with ANY room service, be sure you include EVERYTHING that you will want...sugar, salt/pepper, bread, butter, etc.  They will deliver exactly what you order and nothing more.

3.  No shows on AD even accept reservations.  You will have a reserved seating area (just like on all of the other ships) so you still need to get there early-ish...especially for the ice show.

Great advice @WAAAYTOOO and @smokeybandit. Funny I did think of getting our sea pass cards in the forbidden hallway. (Closed) Our cabin is literally around the corner from the midship elevators. It would be a quick in and out.

I love to relax in the very quiet Viking lounge as well.

My room/cabin service experience has also been abysmal unless it consists of the card the night before or ordering on the TV. Ordering with the concierge is a great idea! 

We won't be back until very late in Aruba and I'm not cutting back my island time to eat. Run for reservation time is not how I like to end a port day. 

I like the idea of ordering early for the evening dinner service with the concierge, this will be a first, but I'm in! 

We can use our vouchers for a beverage pick up on the way to the cabin, I purchased my Evian and Chops embarkation lunch on BF prices. I'm not going to cancel lunch, as the quiet venue is what I crave. I'll just do the soup and salad...I like that idea! Then Viking lounge until cabin is ready. 

Thank you so much!

I thought the same thing. I HOPE some stay on her for the Waterpark onboard, but I agree 100% I look forward to seeing her up close, not looking forward to sharing the Island with so many people. I assumed early on since she was there that was why the prices of everything Coco Cay was high. I'm guessing for those who are on that ship they probably paid a lot more then I did for my sailing, I picture the Icon ship with very deep pockets. Direct hit to DCL, hopefully Royal does well with these floating resorts! 

• 1 month later...

I am also on this sailing. I am looking forward to this sailing as this will be my first time sailing to the southern Caribbean.I booked a JS way back in March of 2023 and was blown away at the cost of a 1 bedroom Grand suite which was going for around $9,000 at the time. Now I believe it is near $14,000. It is crazy to see how much pricing is going up, both cabins and the cost of things like the cabanas on PDCC. 

On 12/18/2022 at 1:56 PM, Neesa said:

This one is on the books 18th birthday / High school graduation celebration. Now the long wait begins.....

Only 33  seven (7)  nighters in suites until we hit Pinnacle. LOL!!!!

Lol. I did the math on my journey to Pinnacle. I am 42,  7-night sailings away in a suite before hitting Pinnacle.  One day....... one day. 

On 12/17/2023 at 12:29 PM, smokeybandit said:

I just saw we'll be at Coco Cay with Icon.

That's cool, we get to see Icon.

But ugh that place will be packed.

Wow.. No wonder why my cabana for Thrill water park cost me $1800. This was a last-minute decision, but knowing Icon will be there makes sense now. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Neesa said:

@TheoneandonlyMICAH so true! We haven't sailed since June last year! I'm trying not to watch the count down number every day, lol! Albeit we have a lot going on between now and then the wait seems excruciatingly long, so yes I feel the same way.

I took a 3-night cruise on Freedom this past December. It was over way too soon. This is going to be so very relaxing. I cant wait to be on the pool deck with a gin and tonic in my hand, and soak up the sun. 

@TheoneandonlyMICAH We just moved our 4 night Utopia to the 3 Night because they changed the inaugural sailing. This one is in July & I already know 3 nights will go by like Ricochet Rabbit (yes I'm old) I was looking for something short to add to it as I wasn't interested in staying on and doing a B2B on the same ship. Long story short I know I'm going to really enjoy the 8 nights, I have my fingers crossed and hopes up they have some type of tribute band onboard, now that would be icing on the cake. 79 days to go, heck I am even looking forward to checking in! 

I can not believe how much the prices have risen for this sailing; wowza! 

I'm looking forward to seeing the Icon parked next to us at Coco Cay, I'm not excited by the amount of people on the Island with us. This should be an interesting day! Kiddos friend from school will be on the Icon though so we will meet them for the girls to hang out together for the day. Fun times!!

We did stick with our 1200 Chops embarkation reservation as @WAAAYTOOO suggested to start in a relaxed way. I like her idea of hitting deck 10 quickly for our sea pass cards to enter the lounge spaces upstairs early, I usually sit with the back packs & soak it all in. 

@smokeybandit sounds amazing, have an fantastic sailing. Is there a good CD? Can. Not. Wait!

50 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@TheoneandonlyMICAH We just moved our 4 night Utopia to the 3 Night because they changed the inaugural sailing. This one is in July & I already know 3 nights will go by like Ricochet Rabbit (yes I'm old) I was looking for something short to add to it as I wasn't interested in staying on and doing a B2B on the same ship. Long story short I know I'm going to really enjoy the 8 nights, I have my fingers crossed and hopes up they have some type of tribute band onboard, now that would be icing on the cake. 79 days to go, heck I am even looking forward to checking in! 

I can not believe how much the prices have risen for this sailing; wowza! 

I'm looking forward to seeing the Icon parked next to us at Coco Cay, I'm not excited by the amount of people on the Island with us. This should be an interesting day! Kiddos friend from school will be on the Icon though so we will meet them for the girls to hang out together for the day. Fun times!!

We did stick with our 1200 Chops embarkation reservation as @WAAAYTOOO suggested to start in a relaxed way. I like her idea of hitting deck 10 quickly for our sea pass cards to enter the lounge spaces upstairs early, I usually sit with the back packs & soak it all in. 

@smokeybandit sounds amazing, have an fantastic sailing. Is there a good CD? Can. Not. Wait!

The "problem" with the cruise director is that he looks and sounds just like the captain.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

@Neesa What kind of cabin are you in? There may not be anything for you to upgrade to

My MEI travel agent said there were a couple of Owner Suites available still. I am hoping that someone in a Grandsuite wins one of those bids and opens up their grand suite to people like me... The family has an aft facing junior suite, but a nice 2 bedroom grand suite would be AMAZING since those also are aft-facing.