FL Xmas Cruisers - Bring Those Parkas

twangster

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/2022/12/16/christmas-miracle-arctic-blast-could-bring-below-freezing-temperatures-to-central-florida/

By next Thursday, Dec 22, that cold front will be entering the Sunshine State. The cold will blast in Friday morning with coldest air settling in by the morning of Christmas Eve. The cold is currently charging up around Siberia.

Widespread 20s and 30s will be likely across Central Florida both Saturday and Sunday morning. If winds stay calm and skies remain clear, sub-freezing temperatures will be possible in Orlando.

16 hours ago, Jax said:

Still better than back home in Calgary this week. 
You will be able to pick out the Canadians boarding on Saturday….we will be wearing t shirts and shorts. 😜

CE7DF24C-BCD5-4CDE-A092-BA17374C670C.png

This is minus 10-15 fahrenheit for the Americans. We are currently in the 5-15f range here in Vancouver. Looking forward to the 'cold' florida temps

Doing a b2b on the Anthem from Port Liberty NJ.
So far, it looks like we’ll miss the drop in Florida temps as we will be sailing up and down the coast during that time.  
However, it looks like there’s a chance of us getting caught up in a Nor'easter at sea…or the dreaded Bomb Cyclone. Hopefully we’ll be on the tail end of it as it comes up the coast and can avoid the worst. If the timing is bad, then I feel sorry for all the families on board…and there sure are a lot…especially those who may be effected by ‘Mal de Mer’. Hopefully it won’t be too bad and the festivities and entertainment can continue. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Holidays everyone!🎅🥳

14 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Doing a b2b on the Anthem from Port Liberty NJ.
So far, it looks like we’ll miss the drop in Florida temps as we will be sailing up and down the coast during that time.  
However, it looks like there’s a chance of us getting caught up in a Nor'easter at sea…or the dreaded Bomb Cyclone. Hopefully we’ll be on the tail end of it as it comes up the coast and can avoid the worst. If the timing is bad, then I feel sorry for all the families on board…and there sure are a lot…especially those who may be effected by ‘Mal de Mar!’ Hopefully it won’t be too bad and the festivities and entertainment can continue. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Holidays everyone!🎅🥳

It could be rocky out there.  The local weather is saying winds up to 60 mph.

2 hours ago, AlmondFarmer said:

I’ve enjoyed reading the different local weather reports, but more importantly, how is traffic in everyone’s hometowns today? 

I'm off from my real job today and working in the garage on someones car (my side hustle).  Traffic is pretty slow in there.  Nothing is moving right now.

I'm ready for a cruise no matter what the weather. 

6 hours ago, Midwest Cruiser said:

This is where we are at this morning for low temperatures. Im looking forward to Oasis in February. 

Cold.jpg

I also cruise to escape the long winters' cold.  A deep freeze for us is 30 degrees.

My Dad came from North Dakota.  My Gramma spoke of the -40 winters.  I absolutely can't imagine.🤔

20 hours ago, WAYNO said:

I also cruise to escape the long winters' cold.  A deep freeze for us is 30 degrees.

My Dad came from North Dakota.  My Gramma spoke of the -40 winters.  I absolutely can't imagine.🤔

It makes you appreciate the Warm weather so much more. When we warm up in the spring time. The 1st 40-50* day we are in tee-shirts. 

1 hour ago, Adam Brian Dada said:

Does anyone know if security will put my 2 stage snowblower in the naughty room?  It fits fine in my extra large trunk and I just want to keep it around just in case.

The cruise boarding documents don't specifically mention snowblowers so I think it's ok?

Depending on your embarkation port the crew may borrow it to clear the pool deck.

On 12/16/2022 at 8:48 PM, twangster said:

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/2022/12/16/christmas-miracle-arctic-blast-could-bring-below-freezing-temperatures-to-central-florida/

By next Thursday, Dec 22, that cold front will be entering the Sunshine State. The cold will blast in Friday morning with coldest air settling in by the morning of Christmas Eve. The cold is currently charging up around Siberia.

Widespread 20s and 30s will be likely across Central Florida both Saturday and Sunday morning. If winds stay calm and skies remain clear, sub-freezing temperatures will be possible in Orlando.

Boo hoo to all you southerners..... thats mild for us Canadians.  I mostly sail out of Port Liberty in NJ....   Whats the worry?  the next day or so you will be in Bahamas .

13 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Traffic has been bad in Chicago and weather is crap. Highs of 20 F, which given the wind in Chicago, can feel close to 0. I am looking forward to Jan when I sail again. Our first port is PDCC and I won't care if it is 40-50 because that will still be warmer than where I come from.

Next couple days are going to be brutal temp wise.  Hoping I get out of work by 4 and it isn't blizzarding!  Stay inside and warm... Have I mentioned I hate winter??  Jane